Hudlite voicemail

Discussion in 'General' started by jgibson, May 26, 2009.

1. jgibson

I have edited the extensions_hud.conf file to say *98 for the vm instead of *86 but when I look at the asterisk cli it still says dialing *86. Is there another file that I am missing that needs edited. I also added #include extension_hud.conf to sip.conf.

Thanks for your help
    Jason

2. rollinsolo

make sure you are restarting after each change or service asterisk restart, have you gotten park to work? I have not as of yet, I really like Hudlite it seems everyone else has moved onto something else but I don't know what it is, or if it looks as good as hudlite, it's a shame because it is a great selling tool and easy to set up if it all worked right. I am in the process of starting from scratch with 1.5 (and Raid 1 this time) so I cant copy the config file here but I played with it for a while I think I might have even taken out the 98 all together and that did it. try it save it and restart.

3. Bob

Bob

I agree with you, the HUDLite was a nice looking tool, great selling feature etc....

However the reality was that ever since its inception, it was one of those products that never seem to get updated or any time put into it.

It took forever to be released after its announcement, basically teasing everyone for months on end. Ran well for a while, then people started finding things that needed to be done, requests were made and promises given, but examples were

User & device mode to be supported
    IAX extensions to be supported

There were many others, but nothing happened, and in fact no releases occurred really for close to two years.

Then everybody was waiting for the new version which was supposed to be September last year, then December last year, then February this year, then 3rd Quarter of this year, and then the crunch, that it wasn't going to be free and so on....

Anyhow don't take my word for it, just look at the Trixbox forums, and follow the threads...

Better of looking for another solution... AstAssistant is not too bad, getting better looking each release. Also ISymphony is a good contender for business systems.....

Regards

Bob

4. jgibson

Thanks for both of you responses. I went with HUDlite because I herd it was supposed to be easy to set up, but thats probably only true if you are using fonality. I'll have to check out some other options.

Thanks,
    Jason

5. rollinsolo

Hudlite is definitely better looking, and it comes with the Tapi dialer from outlook, I stumbled onto taking out the 98 for direct VM but have not figured out Park, if someone else has, I would love for you to share, I know a lot of people gave up on it, but its still open source and Isymphony is not free as far as I can tell.

6. rollinsolo

sorry I guess I symphony has a free version but limited. I will try it.