HUD pro with Elastix...

Discussion in 'General' started by sergiogm2000, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sergiogm2000

Hello Guys,

I have a question, last year I bought a Fonality PBXtra Callcenter Edition with HUD lite pro bundled, I'd never used it, and my annual maint. contract already expired so long for the support also, I want to get rid of the PBXtra since I'd never used it and I've installed this distro and looks more professional and embedded than others, well my question is (I saw one guy made an installation of HUDlite) if its possible to install the HUD Pro on Elastix or should I stick with the HUD Lite version, I really don't like PBXtra that much and I see all this distro's potential, also I have all this hardware like a quad (e1/T1) span sangoma card with echo cancellation, 2 polycom IP501 and 10 aastra 9133i that I want to make them work with Elastix. I'm really worried about the E1/T1 Card, I want to make sure everything's going to work before I move on.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks. :dry:

2. bulgarion

Hi,
    it's not a matter of "making it work on Elastix" (I'm speaking of HUD in general), it's about "making it work". I took up a HUD server on Elastix and removed it 2 days later, it couldn't even manage a 10 phones load - if you're looking for something professional, personally I don't think you should spend more time on that software.
    There are many other projects, free and pay, that do more or less the same.

3. sergiogm2000

Thank you for your response...

Thank you very much for your advice, now I understand why I had to buy a dual 2Ghz Intel Xeon Quad Core, 8 Gb RAM, HP Server for my callcenter edition, I don't have the server anymore but I do have the hardware (phones, E1/T1 Card, Rhino FXO Channel Banks, and more phones hehe). I already made the aastra phones to work, as well the polycom, but I bought several phones from a friend and I want them to work but I just can't, they are the Grandstream Budge Tone-100 (I know they are old and obsolete) but I just (as a personal goal) want them to work with Elastix, I tried with no good results to do that but in the end I finally made them to receive calls but I'm unable to make calls from that phones, when I try to make a call to another extention it sends me a busy tone (grrr)...
    Any ideas or docs where I can find how to make them work (Note: I already checked all the google pages for this issue and didn't find any good solution), so I'll appreciate if someone could help me.
    P.S. If I find the solution to this, I'll post ir here ASAP, thanks