hud lite OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard how to

arfio

This is a little tutorial for peolple that use HUD server and wont to use the client application (hud lite) on a Mac with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Workaround for connection problem

In the terminal:

Get the java 5 that was included in 10.5 "leopard" and unpack

cd /tmp/
curl -o java.1.5.0-leopard.tar.gz http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/isda ... ard.tar.gz
tar -xvzf java.1.5.0-leopard.tar.gz

Move it to your System java folder (password needed)

sudo mv 1.5.0 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0-leopard

Tell OS X that java 5 actually is java 5

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
sudo rm 1.5.0
sudo ln -s 1.5.0-leopard 1.5.0
sudo rm 1.5
sudo ln -s 1.5.0 1.5

Open Java Preferences

open "/Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app" and change the properties to use Java 5 32-bit by default

That's all

I hope this could be usefull for some of you

ramoncio

Great info!

Thanks for sharing!!

rollinsolo

That's good you got it running, I have not seen too many people using hudlite lately, I still use it because it is the only drag and drop transfer interface that comes with a good Outlook Tapi Dialer. Have you gotten Park, and Hold to work with it. If so what did you have to change in the extensions_hud.conf and the server config to make it work together. I know it's a tricky product but if the rest worked I would really like it. Thanks.

I set up ASTassistant and its very nice, just missing the tapi dialer. Tried Sip Tapi but no luck could not get it configured right from all the how to's out there I was trying to get rid of hud :( but I got it for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr