HT Bypass All Incoming Call From Trunk To All Ext

Discussion in 'General' started by ismed, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ismed

Dear Expert,
    Since I only want to route outgoing call from old PABX and do nothing for incoming call (PSTN hunting) then I link Elastix server to this PABX. I connect the 25 CO lines from old PABX to the fxs port of Elastix, and all the 25 fxo trunk of Elastix I connected to the 25 PSTN lines. By this scenario I think I can route all call from old PABX that coming to the fxs port of Elastix to the group of pstn trunk.

But I still do not know how to bypass all incoming PSTN call directly to all of elastix fxs port by selecting the non-busy one?
    From the "Inbound Routes" menu I saw we can only "Set Destination" to one extension but not a group of extension.

Your info would be great appreciated and thank you.

Best regards,
    Ismed

2. dwells

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have it all setup except for some routing. I've heard of others not passing calls through without first setting a "from-internal" context to your PABX, but itf that's all good then...

You'll need a ring group, that includs all extensions you want to ring(FXS group), when the phone call gets passed through. You would need to setup a DID Inbound Route for every DID in the system (you said 25 TelCo Lines??) then 25 inbound routes...all pointing to that 1 ring group (or different ring groups for other departments for example)

Is that what you meant?
    In the ring groups, you can then setup the strategy to only ring phones that are available etc..
    (you may need the Unembedded FreePBX UI to fully complete this)[ZAP CHANNEL DID] setup section.

-dwellsy

3. ismed

Re:HT Bypass All Incoming Call From Trunk To All E

Hi dweels thanks a lot for your respond, what I mean that all of the extension of Elastix is interconnected to the CO/FXO trunk of the old PABX. In diagram the connection will be like this : (25 PSTN)<->(25 FXO-ELASTIX-25 FXS)<->(25 FXO/CO-old PABX). The PSTN to be interconnected to FXO of ELASTIX and 25 FXS port of ELASTIX to be interconnected to FXO trunk of the old PABX.
    The objective of this scenario is to route any call from old PABX that is going out to PSTN (outbound call), but to pass any incoming call (inbound call) in to the old PABX without any routing. I think I can manage for the outbound route but what I do not know is passing any inbound call to any available extension of Elastix that actually become the CO trunk of old PABX. And in this case I also want the IVR will be coming from the old PABX's autoattendant and not from ELASTIX.

Do you think that your suggestion is in line to the above diagram/objective?

However I will have a try to your suggestion tomorrow and come back here to inform the result...

Best regards,

4. dwells

Ok, I think I understand. And I beleive what I said may still stand, depending on needs. As for passing calls through without routing??? sounds dangerous. That sounds like you want annomomous sip calling. (not recommended)

Either way, you'll still need to setup routing/grouping or whatever as if all 25 FXS/CO/PABX Lines were internal extensions...The basics apply, that you need to tell asterisk what to do with a caller.

What I don't seem to get is.. is there a (1-1) relationship with (phone lines - extensions)? or are there just 25 phone lines (and the PABX is already setup to handle its own groups via IVR)

EXAMPLE (from what I think I understand)25 phone lines in to PABX independantly...
    1. Line 1 Rings > Elastix Answers

2. Elastix Determins DID (based on predifined channel/grouping) > sends the caller to 1 FXS extension (via DID or ZAP group Destination)

3. Elastix Completes call to PABX > PABX Answers > IVR from PABX takes over sending caller to destination of their choice..

That wasy it's a 1-1 relationship with elastix acting as a passthrough ( or an adapter really) to your old PABX system, and no one whould know that you injected a new computer between the two.

I'm also going to assume the only reason you injected Elastix into this equation is for outbound SIP trunking? Cheaper long distance only? (I'm just trying to understand why you're doing it this way)

Am I getting close? Let us know if you get it working.

5. ismed

Hi,
    Sorry to comeback late to you and pleased to inform that your suggestion is working.
    Thanks
    Ismed

6. ismed

hi dwells and other experts,
    beside pass the callers, how to pass also the caller ID or the caller ANI number to the existing PABX?

thanks