Howto Upgrade vTiger 5.0.3 to 5.0.4

k2kmb

Ok, here's more of my rantings about upgrading yet another piece of software. :) There's a line from a movie that says "Years from now a doctor will discover I have an IQ of 40, and am what some people would call mentally retarded". I guess if the shoe fits..... ;) LOL Anyway, on with the show....

[*]First of all, as always, make a backup. Let's create the backup directory
Code:
mkdir /home/backup/vtiger503
[*]Next, copy old files to backup directory
Code:
cp -fuR /var/www/html/vtigercrm/* /home/backup/vtiger503
[*]Next, change to vtiger directory
Code:
cd /var/www/html/vtigercrm
[*]Next, download the patch file
Code:
wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vtigercrm/vtigercrm-5.0.0-patch4.zip
[*]Next, unzip the files
Code:
unzip vtigercrm-5.0.0-patch4.zip (Press A to overwrite all files. Note case of letter A! It must be UPPER case!)
[*]Now, log into vTiger through Elastix and Click on Settings --> Other Settings --> Migration Wizard

Follow the instructions. Make sure you check the lower button for version 5.03 to 5.04 upgrade. When it asks about using UTF-8 do NOT check the box to use it! The existing database structure cannot use it.
Leave it unchecked and upgrade the database. Scroll to the bottom after the upgrade completes to make sure everything is ok. NOTE: You will see a
a message about a query failing. It is regarding the email server settings so don't worry about it. Nothing is broken.

[*]Next, remove the old vtiger files from system
Download the attached shell script file into /usr/src http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/delold503files.zip
Now unzip the script file
Code:
unzip delold503files.zip
[*]Now, change script to executable
Code:
chmod +x delold503files.sh
[*]Now run the script

Code:
./delold503files.sh
When you're done, with any luck, you should be all set and running vTiger 5.04. Enjoy!

rafael

Thanks a lot for your tips & trics :). We would try to use this so that next versions of Elastix would have this software packages updated.

Saludos,

Rafael

Ps. 1 more for your karma :)

just4fun

k2kmb said:
[*]Now run the script

Code:
./delold503files.sh
This generate an error, I suppose you should remove the symbols ^ at the end of each command in your file delold503files.sh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr