Howto get user.root's mail ?

doncipo

Hi all,

I'm using Elastix 1.6 also as an email server. All is Ok but I can't figure out how to get root account's mail. I see it's already over quota. Anybody can help?

ramoncio

Hi doncipo,

You can run as root:

cat /var/spool/mail/root

or just

'mail' where you can find help with the ? key

doncipo

Thank you for the reply but it doesn't work. I have already tried what you sugested:

[root@mail /]# cat /var/spool/mail/root
cat: /var/spool/mail/root: No such file or directory

[root@mail /]# mail
No mail for root

The fact is the user.root account in an account built in cyrus-imap database and I have no idea on how to access it to get root's mail. I can already see it is over quota by now using the "quota" command as user cyrus.

[root@mail /]# su cyrus
bash-3.2$ /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/quota
Quota % Used Used Root
10000 0 57 user/faxmaster
10000 100 10075 user/root

Same issue for user faxmaster.

trymes

Have you tried accessing the mail using an IMAP client pointed at the elastix server? Use root as the username and the root PW as the password?

Also, I would recommend that you edit /etc/aliases and point mail directed to root at another account so you get it with your normal e-mail.

Tom

dicko

The last line (normally) in /etc/aliases can be uncommented and used to redirect root's mail to an email alias.

doncipo

Thanks everybody for replying ! Actually it is a little bit more complicated than that. After further searching and reading over cyrus-imapd implementation I hat to manually edit the file /etc/postfix/virtual then add redirection to a real mail account for all root's and faxmaster's mail. I can now receive cron, logwatch and Hylafax log's output in my mailbox daily.

bugbeta

in fact ,you should only modify /etc/postfix/main.cf , just comment out this line "mailbox_transport=cyrus",then "postfix reload". now ,you can have a test "echo aaa|mail root",and root can receive a email.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr