How to use Openvox B100P ISDN card?

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by Rangifer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Rangifer

I've been struggling to find an Openvox B100P ISDN card useful for my Asterisk VoIP system.
    I already tried my initial setup for SIP trunks (the standard Asterisk webGUI doesn't detect my card), easyAsterisk (here the card was seen by the system but this distro allows for only two trunks) and finally stopped at Elastix (no card detected).

The card itself is detected by lspci, mISDN scan etc. but I have no idea how to use it in Asterisk, configure a trunk for it etc.
    I've already did the research on the web, compiled tons of code (misdn, bristuff etc.) but still no go.

Any help?

2. omnisys

add the file i attached into the directory and then restart the server

3. omnisys

here is the file

4. Rangifer

Where is the file???

5. josemendes

Hi. I´m using elastix 2. I have the B100P card detected as:
    Span # 2: ZTHFC1 "HFC-S PCI A ISDN card 0 [TE] " AMI/CCS
    5 BRI 6 BRI 7 BRI
    In Use In Use In Use

The BRI line where the card interface has 10 phone numbers associated.
    example of phone: 123456780, 123456781, 123456782, until 123456789

How can i setup the ISDN Trunk and direct DID´s to extensions/ringing groups?

Thank you.

6. omnisys

Rangifer write down you mail to send the file over.........somehow i cant upload it here....

7. james.zhu

you can install elastix-2.5 and detect the hardware from GUI, the driver should be loaded.
    you have set a trunk from gui, please refer this for trunk:
    http://downloads.openvox.cn/pub/misc/Ho ... 0mISDN.pdf
    note, this is for B200P, bot for B100P. but the procedure should be same.

8. josemendes

It was easy...:) . After detection went to dahdi_channels.conf and changed the "signalling" from "point to multipoint" to "point to point" (got it by listening to the signal returned by the calls to the PBX). After, made the two trunks without DID. Went to Inbound Route an add the necessary ones with the last digit of the phone number, 0 for the main, 9 for the fax (got it by listening to the voice message of the PBX, instead of the whole number, it expected only the last digit). Set the Outbound route and that was it. All is working with no problems so far. Today i´m gonna check the fax system (have one A400P also with one FXS and one FXO). The fax by extension works perfectly. I was surprised by the simplicity of the all process. We are going to start using Openvox hardware in our systems without a doubt...
    Thank you.

9. josemendes

Got everything working except the CID (Caller ID). I cant get to see the Number of the person who is calling me, it gives me "unknown".
    I have created 2 trunks corresponding to each B channel in the B100P.
    Do i need to add another trunk with the D channel (which i did for testing)?
    Is there any special setup so that the D channel can pass the CID to the PBX?
    I searched a lot about it and the final test i am gonna do is to put the "wait" variable to the line in order for him to wait for the signaling from the D channel.

Thank you.

10. james.zhu

hi:
    make sure you have a callerid over the isdn.

11. josemendes

It was a Line Provider Issue. After a phone call reporting this malfunction in the morning, i had it working in the afternoon. I also changed the trunks and now i only have 1 with the number of the first channel, 2 channels max, tested and its working.

Thank you.

12. pgeraldes

i jose i also buy a b100p and im going to try it. i really apreciate if you can give me some points here to make it work. Are you from Portugal.
    Thanks in advanced

13. Joe.Yung

14. pgeraldes

thanks Joe i will folow the tutorials, right now i dont have the telephonic access to try it. When i have all set i´ll ask for your help.