How to upgrade Linksys SPA941

kalderista

Hello!

I'm trying to upgrade Linksys SPA941 but I did'nt find any documentation about. I've been seraching for something to do this in the web pannel of the phone but there is no place for uploading a firmware file.

Does anyone know how to do it? There is no firmware upgrade manual on cisco webpage, even in linksys.

Thank you.

aloyr

I feel your pain! I just got a spa941 and upgrading it was a chore! Went to linksys, got thrown to linksysbycisco, searched, registered, got thrown to cisco, searched again, registered again, email took a while to arrive then i finally managed to get to the download page (which apparently requires no registration!).

try going to this url ( i will also try to attach the file to this post ):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10038/index.html

and download from the green button. the firmware is in the zipped file inside the zipped file you get to download. also, i had no luck running the linux program and had to find a machine to boot into windows here before i managed to upgrade the firmware of my spa941.

it all worked out and now all is good.

kalderista

Finally solved!!

I downloaded the file, put it in one simple and easy to manage tftp server and..... running!!!!

Aniway, does anybody know if its possible to translate the phone to spanis?? I use to work with SPA941 and SPA942. Both las firmware are in english. Any idea?

Thank you!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen