How to transfer call with DTMF tones only

Lee Sharp

I know this is something simple that I am just missing. I can not transfer a call with DTMF tones. I can transfer a call with the "transfer" button on my sip phones. DTMF works in the IVR, voicemail, and so on. But if I am in a call and press ##, nothing happens. (Same with *2 and *1 as well) I need this as not all the phones have a transfer button. Default config, and everything on the "Feature Code Admin" page is enabled. What am I missing?

trymes

Have you tried changing the DTMF settings for those extensions?

Worth a shot.

Tom

Lee Sharp

To what? "dtmfmode" is one of the few options with no "hover help" and all I know to put there is rfc2833.

Lee Sharp

Any more info here? I have a few analog phones I would love to use, and a nice soft phone that will have to be ditched if I can not find a solution.

james.salim

I have not tried transfering call using DTMF tones, but I have been using analog phones connected to Linksys PAP2T ATA with my elastix system

What I did when I want to transfer the call, I would 'flash' the phone (press the 'flash button if there's any, or hang up the phone and quickly pick it up again) ... then it would change back to the dial tone where you could call the third party.

After that you would dial the third party, then you could either wait for them to answer or just hang up straight after you dial the extension number (attended transfer and blind transfer respectively).

trymes

Lee,

For the options to dtmfmode, you should check on voip-info or google, IIRC, there are three, including inband.

You have a few potential problems here. This also depends on the method you are using to connect the analog phone. If you are connecting via Dahdi, dtmfmode isn't a concern.

However, if you're connecting via an ATA, you might have to worry about dtmfmode. Much much much more likely is that the ATA is intercepting your DTMF tones before they get to your asterisk server. You will need to adjust the dialplan setting on the ATA itself to adjust what it intercepts and processes and what it sends on to the asterisk server.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti