How to Setup Voicemail Transcription with Elastix

circuitid

I recently wrote a blog detailing how you can transcribe all your voicemail messages and send the text via email with your voicemail message. The process will essentially convert the voice audio into text and send it in an email so you can read the voicemail without actually having to listen to the message!

I currently have this system working using Elastix 2.0.3.

For more information, you can read about how to do it here:
http://www.circuitid.com/blog/how-to-se ... cketsphinx

Lee Sharp

This looks very cool! And it only modifies one file in Elastix, correct? So it is not configurable from the GUI?

circuitid

It actually only requires the modification of these two files:

voicemail.conf
Adding the "mailcmd" option to utilize a custom script instead of sendmail.

vm_email.inc
Adding two keywords to the email template: "Voicemail Transcription:" and "Extension" so that our script can modify the email with the voicemail transcript and send it out.

Unfortunately it is not configurable from the GUI, but with a little work, it would be certainly be possible.

Lee Sharp

Ahh... The reason I ask, is I would love to be able to not send the audio file, just the transcript. People collect too much junk in the mailboxes now, and I don't need any more. :) I may have to actually look at the code, or something. :)

circuitid

I see what you mean ;) . You can still choose whether or not you want to send the voicemail attachment with the email through the web interface. If you select "No" for sending the voicemail attachment for a particular extension, only the email template will pass through the script and thus only the email with voicemail transcript will be sent.

Lee Sharp

Oh... I thought you needed the attachment in the e-mail to get the transcription from. I need some time to look at this right. :)

6string

I am trying to set this up on one of my systems
But I am getting stuck after I run ./autogen in the pocketsphinx directory
When I run make I get this
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
Can you help?
Thanks Danny

circuitid

Hello Danny,

You may want to try running "sh ./autogen.sh" instead. Also, make sure that you have both automake and autoconf installed on your system. If you still continue to have problems, you may want to consult with the pocketsphinx installation documentation to ensure that you are compiling it correctly.

eijob

Hi guys!

Will this work in elastix 1.6-12?

Thanks

MThornback

pluto11

I have tried it on Elastix 2.3.
To install the required packages with good roads, but when I try to test email was sent to my mailbox but it is empty (no results voicemail to text converter).
I asked for his help what should I do.

Here’s an email that goes to my inbox :

subject : New message 4 in mailbox 1000

andr3,

There is a new voicemail in mailbox 1000:

Length: 0:12 seconds
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 10:21:37 AM

Dial *97 to access your voicemail by phone.
Visit http://192.168.1.1/recordings/index.php?login=1000 to check your voicemail with a web browser.

Extension: 1000
Voicemail Transcription:

asummerell

I've gotten this up and running, but as many others have mentioned, the accuracy is horrible. Has anyone figured out a method to improve accuracy of the transcriptions?

mostafa33

does this script supports multi-language?

Sparkyjoh

Are there any other options for voicemail transcriptions? It seems this is the only route? which is 2+ years old?

asummerell

I would think that there would be something setup for this, but searching found almost no solutions. It would be nice if there was a direct addon for Elastix to provide this functionality, even at a cost.

qwaszxop

i know this is an old thread... i messed with pocketsphinx a bit, but to no result... ended up using nexiwave, which has a clean email integration interface. upon free registration, I was provided with a custom email address, like myname_mydomain.com@nexiwave.com. just configure elastix to send voicemail emails to this custom address. their system will transcribe and send the transcript to my email... the accuracy is very acceptable...

best of all, there is a free plan :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino