How To Setup Multi-tenant In Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by ismed, Oct 2, 2009.

1. ismed

Dear Experts,
    Could you please guide me how to setup multi-tenant feature in Elastix?

Awaiting your respond soon and thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
    Ismed

2. dicko

Welcome ismed to Elastix:

As a newbie, I suggest you download, read (twice) and digest "Elastix Without Tears" (available from the download section)

After that please feel free to search these fora for further enlightenment.

A search there will find many answers specific to your request for how to "multi-tenant"

dicko

3. Chilling_Silence

As Dicko mentioned, it's been covered in the forums.

The "custom-contexts" will do some of the *basic* stuff, but you'll be buggered when it comes to the likes of Callbacks, Follow-Me etc.
    FreePBX simply wasn't written to be multi-tenanted by the likes of different businesses. I've even asked on the FreePBX forums and had the lead developer confirm that statement.

Google these forums, or in general, all the answers are quite readily available :)

4. ismed

thanks dicko...i already read the "elastix without tears" but i don't understand for some part (at 12.3 MULTI-TENANTS IVR) that he wrote there like belows :
    "Inbound Routings

5. ismed

thank chilling_silence...seems that freepbx doesn't have a simple/native solution to configure multi-tenant feature, that is why solution about this in many article we found is only with manipulations on to the config files, but when we have new entry in to the form the latest modified config files will be wiped-out with new configuration that coming from the freepbx form. I think this is one of the reason why freepbx will use FREESWITCH for the coming version (version 3) as I read in their website...

6. Patrick_elx

In freepbx, you need to assign a DID to each zap channel (ZAP channel DID menu).
    Then in the inbound route, you assign each DID to a different route/ivr/extension or whatever routing you want.

7. ismed

Thanks a lot patrick...as I am using digium tp400p with 2xfxs (channel 1&2) and 2xfxo (channel 3&4) I assign DID : "11" to chan 3 and DID : "22" to chan 4. After that in Inbound route menu I assign different IVR to those channels. But when I tried to dial one of that channel there is a message coming from the Asterisk/Elastix saying "the number you dialed is not in service, chek the number....blah...blah...blah...

Have you succeed to use that method?

Thanks

8. Patrick_elx

first, I would suggest to use longer DID (why not the real PSTN number?) as this could conflict with internal extension/feature code.

second, did you set up your card properly (changed the from-pstn to from-zaptel in the channel_dahdi and dahdi conf files)?

Last, to debug and understand what's happening, it would be easier to post a copy of the log describing the events (logs in /var/log/asterisk/full or log in the console and asterisk -rvvvv)

9. ismed

Hi Patrick thanks for your respond and I already tried your suggestion today and it is working...!!! I tried the method written on Elastix Without Tears in many times but never succeed.

Is the same method will work with E1 or T1 port?
    Is the same method still working if we are using SIP trunk instead of ZAP trunk?

Waiting to your respond and once again thank you...your are the champ...two tumbs up for you..

10. Patrick_elx

I've never played with E1/T1 but I think that's the same concept. But I think you can also allocate a DID to a group of lines.

For SIP, you don't need to allocate DID, as the DID is what will be presented by the provider.
    It can usually be setup with the / option at the end of the register string.

11. ismed

Thanks again Patrick...further to the Inbound Routes setting, then how can we pass any call from the Zap trunk (or any other trunk) to any available extension in a group not just one extension? As we can see on the "Set Destination" menu of freePBX it shows that we can only select one extension as destination?

I would much appreciate to your respond.

Best regards,

12. Patrick_elx

you can do like for any other inbound route.
    It depend of what you want to do.

If you want to ring multiple extensions, use a ring group.
    If you want to let the user choose: use an IVR with direct dial.

You will find in Elastix Without Tear different routing examples.