How to setup manual control for day/night

Uzasa7

Hi

i have a problem where i need to setup this day/night where i can turn it ether on or off using the user phone, It should go to voicemail the recording. so it would be something similar to an answering machine. i would like to know if this can be done and if so how do you do it?

Cheers

Chris

dicko

Well, one way to do that would to be to read the day/night control page pertinent to the one you want to control.

do you have something that looks a bit like:-

Use feature code: *280 to toggle DAY/NIGHT mode

(If you have more than one, I believe that they will increment to match.)

if not maybe you need to update your system, (it's been there for quite a while) what versions of Elastix/FreePBX are you using?

dicko

elwood8

I have been using such a setup in production for several months now, with great success (on an Elastix 1.6 install).

Hopefully I am remembering the steps I took to set it up properly... Here's a brief list of what I did:

1. Go under 'Unembedded FreePBX' under the main 'PBX' tab on your Elastix web interface.
2. Set up a new Day/Night mode definition with the 'day' and 'night' behaviour your desire
3. Save it. I think it defaults to *280 as the day/night feature code to switch it from a phone.
(in my case I use a ring-group destination during the day, and VM at night)
4. Use the 'Apply Configuration Changes' button-thing to activate this.
5. Go to 'Inbound Routes', and change the route of the line(s)/DID(s) you wish to control to point at your Day/Night mode you just set up (this will be a new option at the bottom of the Inbound Route screen now that you set one up).
6. 'Apply Configuration Changes', then try calling your feature code (*280?) with a phone. You should hear a recording that says something along the lines of receptionist ('day mode') being activated or deactivated ('night mode'). I forget exactly what it says, but it does give you an audible indication of what you just did.
7. You can check back on your day/night mode setting to see what mode you are currently in.

If you want something other than *280 (or whatever it is) to switch day/night mode, you can make a 'Misc Destination' to go to Day/Night mode, then assign whatever number-code you wish to that destination under 'Misc Applications'.

I hope I remembered that properly - If any of that is ambiguous or doesn't work just let me know and I'll re-do the config to make sure I got the steps right. If you want/need it, I think that Elastix 2.0 will support a BLF lamp to indicate day/night mode (1.6 doesn't do that), but I haven't tried this under 2.0 yet.

mohdreaz

Hi,

Can it be possible to have flashing light in the handset when it is night mode similar to new voice mail message light?

jgutierrez

I think that it is possible, you may write down a context that uses DEVICE_STATE function.
What feature code do you dial to enable/disable day/night control?

danardf

Hi.
Yes, it's possible using this BLF:
exten => *280,hint,Custom:DAYNIGHT0
*28 - Day/night code,
0 - Day/night number.

mohdreaz

exten => *280,n,Goto(app-daynight-toggle,s,1)
exten => *280,hint,Custom:DAYNIGHT0
exten => s,1,Set(DAYNIGHTMODE=${DB(DAYNIGHT/C${INDEX})})

I have already day night mode created on *280, it works fine as well apart from no flashing / solid light.

Do you mean to select from handset: BLF and put: <sip:*280@192.168.XXX.XXX;user=phone> from the button event? I did but it did not show any flashing / solid light for day / night mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti