How to setup Elastix in a call center?.

Discussion in 'General' started by asprakash, Jun 2, 2010.

1. asprakash

Dear all,
    I am new this elastix. I would like to install this Elastix software in a small call centre. Their strength is ~20 only. I have very good knowledge in Linux platform. But new to VOIP, Elastix,.etc. My query is, what are the steps I should take to setup Elastix in this call centre. I have no idea about SIP TRUNK, IVR,.etc. Do I need to buy any hardwares to use this Elastix? (except PC to run Ubuntu/Elastix) Kindly provide the info.

Thanks in adv,
    Prakash.

2. ichienwata

You need a server Dedicated or VPS
    You need to install the elastix using the iso
    or install centos 5.x and use the "How to " to install the elastix through Yum
    You ll need voip phones, softphones or regular phones with ATA adaptor.

This is basic.
    Need more help, let me know.

3. asprakash

Hi. Thanks for the valuable info.
    Can you provide some info on SIP and IVR?. What are the roles of these components in Elastix?.
    Any suggested/minimum server configuration to install this Elastix?.

-Prakash

4. ichienwata

IVR-Scenario
    You call number get prompts
    1 Thank you for calling bla blah blah
    2 Press 1 for sales
    press 2 for Billing etc

Sip is used for creating the session between two or more users. Email me I would offer my help mathisy2k5@yahoo.co.uk

5. Amphibian

Are you planning to set up a new call center, or, planning to sell someone a Elastix setup in a current call center. I hope it's planning to setup a new call center that you are starting and not the later right now.

My recommendation to starting a call center of your own would be the following:

1: research the web for what a call center really is and what you can do with it,
    2: research what "VoIP" is and how it works,
    3: click on "Community" above, select "Wiki", then select "Elastix without Tears", read the entire document before going any farther, it will pretty well tells you every thing in the setup, design, and usage of Elastix including the type of server you should have, the type of Voip/Analog phones available to use and bandwidth required for SIP calls.
    4: then come back here and seek further knowledge to your desires of being in the call center business.

It's a great thing to do. Even if you don't get into a call center, you will find out after reading the above suggested information that call center is not the only thing you can do with Elastix.

Email the gentleman like he suggested or ask here, but do him and us a favor, read before you do. Save him and YOU a lot of time and effort.

Welcome to the Elastix forum, hope you find it exciting and useful as I know you will.

Amphibian