how to send flash to trunk

oceanblues

Hi everyone.

I want to use an extension for an FCT. I want to call vodafone numbers over the vodafone gsm and others over the other gsm network. I can select it on the prefixes. However, my FCT can only choose one network from the other by selecting the rank of the network (by dialing 1 for the first gsm, in this case vodafone, by selecting 2 for the other network) and then pressing the flash. So I have to send to the FCT a flash. But I don't know how to send it.

I have two different options. I can let asterisk decide when I choose prefix 054 to take the 1st line on the fct and then send flash. Or I can let my audiocodes to manipulate when I dial the prefix 054 and then send a flash. Which one should I pick. And at all HOW can I send a flash. What is the code of flash?

Thanks.

dicko

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Flash

but I'm afraid you will have to get your hands dirty with a custom-context to get it working for your particular situation.

p.s. It only works on ZAP channels in Asterisk, there is no way to "flash" a SIP channel, so I hope your connection to the device is analog.

oceanblues

Thanks for the answer, however I was ill and had no access to internet for the last 2 weeks. Sorry for the late reply.

On the issue, whether I use an analog connection or not, I tottally have no Idea.

I use an Audiocodes and my FCT is a digital one. Does that mean that I have a digital connection? Besides I read the article you sent, but where should I write a macro? How do I have to run it on my elastix? What is a custom-context and where should I write/edit it? And how?

I did ask too many questions I guess. Thank youy for your help.

dicko

You talk to your Audiocodes with sip from Asterisk, unfortunately there is no way I am aware of to pass a Flash to it using SIP signaling. Sorry. Perhaps the Audiocodes support system can help you.

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen