how to send flash to trunk

Discussion in 'General' started by oceanblues, Sep 7, 2010.

1. oceanblues

Hi everyone.

I want to use an extension for an FCT. I want to call vodafone numbers over the vodafone gsm and others over the other gsm network. I can select it on the prefixes. However, my FCT can only choose one network from the other by selecting the rank of the network (by dialing 1 for the first gsm, in this case vodafone, by selecting 2 for the other network) and then pressing the flash. So I have to send to the FCT a flash. But I don't know how to send it.

I have two different options. I can let asterisk decide when I choose prefix 054 to take the 1st line on the fct and then send flash. Or I can let my audiocodes to manipulate when I dial the prefix 054 and then send a flash. Which one should I pick. And at all HOW can I send a flash. What is the code of flash?

Thanks.

2. dicko

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Flash

but I'm afraid you will have to get your hands dirty with a custom-context to get it working for your particular situation.

p.s. It only works on ZAP channels in Asterisk, there is no way to "flash" a SIP channel, so I hope your connection to the device is analog.

3. oceanblues

Thanks for the answer, however I was ill and had no access to internet for the last 2 weeks. Sorry for the late reply.

On the issue, whether I use an analog connection or not, I tottally have no Idea.

I use an Audiocodes and my FCT is a digital one. Does that mean that I have a digital connection? Besides I read the article you sent, but where should I write a macro? How do I have to run it on my elastix? What is a custom-context and where should I write/edit it? And how?

I did ask too many questions I guess. Thank youy for your help.

4. dicko

You talk to your Audiocodes with sip from Asterisk, unfortunately there is no way I am aware of to pass a Flash to it using SIP signaling. Sorry. Perhaps the Audiocodes support system can help you.

dicko