How to sell termination with Elastix?

netizen

Hello.

I am thiking of selling termination and use Elastix for this.
I am considering to use carriexchange for this purpose.

Carriexchange send the SIP call to my Elastix server and they are prefixing it with a prefix specified by me.
When the incoming call hits my server is presented as coming with DID of prefix+E.164
No problems up to this point.

The question is how do I forward the call down to one of my DAHDI trunks (and at the same time remove the sent prefix) ?
Seems that my mind is stuck and I can't figure it out how to do it with FreePBX.
Any ideas?

Thank you

aerodesliza

Hi, can you pls explain how carrierexhange work and the benefit maybe I can help you.

netizen

aerodesliza said:
Hi, can you pls explain how carrierexhange work and the benefit maybe I can help you.
Carrierexhange is a company that allows you to buy or sell termination via SIP.
In my case I want to sell.
When you register with them as a seller, you give them the IP of you server, the port and the protocol (i.e SIP). You also tell them the country code(s) that you want to sell. For example 001 for USA. This means that when a call comes from carrierexhange you will divert it (via a sip or zap trunk) to your outgoing trunk. This of course can be your zap PSTN or ISDN trunk.

Carrierexhange send you each call with a prefix in front (so you know its coming from them) and then the full E.164 number. For example if they want to make a call to UK they send you 1234 44 xxxxxxx.

What I want to do in my case is to:
-answer the the call (based on prefix) &
-remove the prefix 1234 as it not needed &
-Remove some digits in front of the E.164 nunber (since I will be dialling locally) & finally
-Send the call down to my zap interface

Its basically a dialplan that I want, written (I suppose) as a 'custom destination' in FreePBX.

-----
For every successful call you route on behalf of them you get paid of course.

aerodesliza

OK, I like the idea, I think (not sure) in my country some Telco think that the voip call termination are illegal (I don't know why!!!!) but you will notice is a taboo topic inside some asterisk forum, why??? because is a easy way to make money that's why if less people know the better it's is. I will help you just give some time to make some code for you.

dicko

Not to rain on your parade, but:

Please post your expected income from this ( I assume less than 0.001 USD a minute for successful terminations) that will take a lot of effort to make you a dollar :) and if you aren't "five nines" they will dump you like an ugly prom date. Further your local telco will almost certainly bring in the "small print" (read "softcap" ) if you "successfully" use your domestic trunks for such antics. You cannot but present your own CallerID on your analog trunks (or within your "common block" if it's a PRI) and piss people off, (they WILL call you back, and you will be completely lost as to what to do then), what will the wife unit think about that? , and on top of that you will likely get "your ass bit".

There is no free lunch in VOIP, believe me, it is profitable but definitely not free, it's all about economics, I hope you didn't miss that class :)

dicko

aerodesliza

Thanks dicko for the comment and the suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti