How to select which queue to login to..

karlfp

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody can offer some suggestions. We have 3 queues in an inbound setup. I have added the agents to the queues as per doco's. What I need to be able to do is that we have a rotating 24 hr shift in our service desk and the agents can work on 1, 2 or 3 queues at the same time. Depending on what shift they are working and the call load, they can be assigned to work a different queue for the whole or part of their shift.

So agent "Bob" comes in and loges into only queue 1. Agent "Harry" comes in and logs into queues 2&3. Bob leaves for the day and night shift comes in and needs to work all 3 queues. I have the latest download version of Elastix and the call cantre module and it's all setup and working really well. I just need this functionality to finish off and make a polished brilliant system.

Thanks heaps,
Karl

dwells

There are 2 ways for agents to be in any queue that i know of.

1. Static the extensions per queue. This makes the agents a permanent member of these queue(s). The problem is with your rotating shift design. it may not work fro all queues all the time.

2. Dynamic agents, that "login" to each queue. at the beginning of each shift, the agents should know from delegation which queue to be apart of right? have them login to only the queus needed, or all three. Do NOT put any static agents (or the ones that need to login at least) in the listing for that queue.

login is XXX* and
logout is XXX**
where XXX is the queue number.

karlfp

Tried that and didn't get anywhere :-(

That's one of the reason's I have gone to Elastix, because of the queue functions. But as with all Asterisk systems that use Freepbx as a front end, the queue thing of XXX* and XXX** don't work. It will let me log in, but none of the phones ring. According to all the doco's for Elastix, the queue members have to be listed in the queue as static.

Hope someone has an idea?

Ta
Karl

dwells

Oh, well that's strange to hear that xxx* + xxx** doesn't work...That's how I did it for our tech support, until recently, and it worked perfect. Maybe there is a different problem relating to that?
Sorry my suggestion didn't work out for you...Keep trying you'll get it.

karlfp

Hi Dwells,

Can I ask what software you are using for this to work? I have tried Trixbox CE, PBX in a flash and AsteriskNow and all have ended up the same. Maybe I am missing something in the configuration? Every time I have tried to do the XXX* it takes the agents number, logs in but the phones never ring. I am setting up a inbound call centre on a E1 connection and would really really like to get this working. If you or anybody has any tips, I'd be grateful. I sent a message to the Trixbox support people and they mentioned that any software that is built with Freepbx will not work with XXX* agent login/logout stuff...

Thanks again,
Karl

Bob

karlfp said:
I sent a message to the Trixbox support people and they mentioned that any software that is built with Freepbx will not work with XXX* agent login/logout stuff...
Wow!!! now I have to go and tell all my current working clients that they cant use the Queues by logging in as dynamic agents because it doesn't work.:huh:

Unless I have really missed something in the last few stable releases of Elastix (which uses Freepbx), then all I can say is what a load of baloney (the ones that say it doesn't work in Freepbx).

Form many users it is possibly the phones that are not passing the sequence properly (which is a common issue)...although in your case, you say that it appears to login

The other thing is.....do you have a route pointing to the Queue so that calls go in the Queue.

As Dwells said, it should work, there is no magic to it, and as for statements like "But as with all Asterisk systems that use Freepbx as a front end, the queue thing of XXX* and XXX** don't work", I am not sure where that comes from. Do you have a link, as it is one of the weirdest statements I have heard.

Have you had a look at the asterisk logs to see where the call is going (e.g. can you confirm it is going into the Queue.), can you also see that the agent has logged into the queue??

Also what happens if you use one extension to dial the Queue directly. (the Queue number is just like an extension).

Can you tell us the Queue number, the extension you are connecting in, and give us a blow by blow account of how you are logging in??

Also what Freepbx version are you running

Also What Elastix version are you on

Regards
Bob

P.S. Sorry for the terse post but it is 3.25am in the morning, and pretty tired.....ZZZzzzzz

karlfp

Hi Bob,

All good... although at 3:25am... you were missing out on some good sleep :)
Well, I really did expect it to work, but I'm at a loss and I'm going to do another full install and try again. Here is a cut from the email trail between me and the Trixbox guys:

"[Fonality Ticket #1341573] Need answer before payment if possible..

Hi Karl,
What you want is commonly referred to as 'dynamic agents'. trixbox has supported this for a long time, but the feature is 'broken' in FreePBX.
It has not been fully functional. What you want to do would best be done using custom code. We don't really support this specific functionality as it is known to not be operational."

What's been happening in the past is that a call will come in, hit the queue, then get dumped in the queue (with MOH), but the phones don't ring. On the phone, I've done the XXX* for the qnumber and entered my agent number from agents.conf. Then it replies telling me that I've logged in from extension XXX (agent number) not the physical extension.

I'm using the current download x64 version of Elastix (1.5.2) and call centre (1.5)
I'm going to do a completly fresh install today (Sunday) and see what happens. I'll setup basic with nothing special and see what happens.

Thanks for everybody's input and help, I don't mean to come across as a smart****, or such.

Cheers
Karl

ps. Bob, I believe you are based in AU? I'm in Vic and was wondering if you would be interested in some $$ for techniciasl assistance? (my apologies if this is the incorrect place for this too)

dicko

your choice Trickybox (who have been known to be deceitful) or Elastix, we will help you with Elastix questions, if you want Trixythingy support , go there (they abrogated and forked up FreePBX a while ago).
As far as I know, and I've done it more than once, there is not a problem, it all works (for Me) and always has, apparently my antipodean friend Bob agrees).t

Bob

What's been happening in the past is that a call will come in, hit the queue, then get dumped in the queue (with MOH), but the phones don't ring. On the phone, I've done the XXX* for the qnumber and entered my agent number from agents.conf. Then it replies telling me that I've logged in from extension XXX (agent number) not the physical extension.

I'm using the current download x64 version of Elastix (1.5.2) and call centre (1.5)
I'm going to do a completly fresh install today (Sunday) and see what happens. I'll setup basic with nothing special and see what happens.
Karl,

Unusual reply from Trixbox, but I wonder if they are talking about their Freepbx Port (not sure what version that has come in on).

Anyhow, just something that caught my eye (you are probably rebuilding now...not sure)....

1) You don't need to touch the agents.conf.....not need at all
2) when you do the login you do the queue number + *
3) You then enter the extension you are on (e.g. 200) so press 200 will now come back and say you are logged on.

At this point calls in the queue will now come to the phone.

Yes we can assist with support and do so on a regular basis...but check the correct login is being used first...

Regards

Bob

P.S. Dicko, I pride myself on knowing unusual words, but your word (antepodium) had me searching....finally figured it out...

karlfp

Thanks Bob... Suddenly I now understand.. That makes perfect sense, thanks heaps... Yes sitting in the office on a Sunday arvo rebuilding server :(

Once it get back up and running, I'll set this up and see how I go.. And, yes I had been doing it via the agents.conf

Again thanks heaps.

Now all I need to get my head around is the dial plans to suit a Telstra E1 connection.

Again, thanks everyone for the help and guidance.

Karl

Bob

Sounds good...sorry I did not reach you before a rebuild started, but its great experience anyhow....

A couple of rules to remember, Elastix is very much driven to reducing/eliminating the need to touch the config files directly. If you do need to touch a config file directly, sit back and ask yourself...why....and maybe check with others that there is no other way.

The only real config file that requires some manual intervention is occasionally the etc/dahdi/system.conf, maybe the modprobe.conf (usually for PSTN), and maybe the chan_dahdi for minor changes. As you would note, these are all to do with the carrier interface. Once the interface is working, generally you don't need to access the config files directly.

If you have problems with the Telstra E1 dialplan, let us know what the issue is, I have done plenty of them...

Regards

Bob

karlfp

Thanks Bob. I started out a few years ago with A@H then onto TB. I had never heard of Elastix up until a few weeks ago when I started to build a replacement box for our current TB box. Which is hooked into an old NEC pabx via a tie line. Elastix is brilliant and is now my choice.

Queue function now works as suggested. Excellent

This is my first build using a dedicated E1. If I need to start a new thread, pls let me know.

I have the card in and I think configuerd, shows solid green light and dadhi_tools reports OK. The card by the way is a Digium TE121, with the integrated Echo cancel module. I can recieve calls to a handest (Linksys SPA-942) and the phone rings. Although when I do call in, the phone only displays 9 numbers in the display (mobile or land). If I need to call out, to go to a land line I need 353xxxxxx as apposed to the normal 53xxxxxx. I cannot dial a mobile number at all and end up with the "all circuts are busy now". Same for a std number, say Sydney 02xxxxxxxx. No go..

I will contact Telstra in the morning and get them to check the line is set up for voice and all ok.
In the trunk and outbound routes settings, for Telstra, do I actually need a dial plan apart form X. ?

Ive attached a copy of the 3 files if that helps at all...?

Thanks again, and anything I can do, please let me know.
Thanks
Karl

http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/Elastix-73931ded3380902b3fbae210dae8b4e4.zip

karlfp

Think I might have found something: pridialpaln ?

Is this required for Telstra in Australia?

Cheers
Karl

Bob

Karl,

In your /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

these lines need to be in there for Telstra E1 setups

nationalprefix=0
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
priindication=outofband
internationalprefix=0011
overlapdial=yes

The in your outbound routes, all you need is the usual....

[local_STD)
0[23789]xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

[International]

[Mobiles]
04XXXXXXXX

[All others]

You should not need to have anything in the trunk dial plans (unless you are connecting to odd trunks (e.g. another PBX that needs a 9 on the front or similar).

The outbound routes shown above are not optimal as it allows any number to be dialed (including wrong length) and doesn't tell the caller, but the moment lets stick to basics and get the basics running.

Hope this helps.....

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti