How to route incoming call from SIP trunk?

Discussion in 'General' started by Anton, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Anton

Hello dear users! I am new. Befor I have use any other hardware ip pbx with web-interface.
    There was so easy take a SIP trunk and route all inboud calls to one ext. or any group.
    How its make here in Elastix?
    Can't find sipmle and clear answer for me in this forum.
    Plese help me anybody?

2. Patrick_elx

It's really easy.

just go to inbound routes and create one with a blank CID and DID, choose which extension to send it. Save and apply the change by a reload.

For testing purposes you can also go in general config and allow anonymous SIP call. But I would suggest to remove it after your initial test unless you know what you are doing.

For more information how to start with elastix, download the excellent book 'Elastix without tears' where you will find everything you need.

3. Anton

Ok, but I can't see a logical connection with trunk and inboud router that you write above.
    No any connection links with them. Think its should be by some fields in configuration of them.
    Thank you for info of book.

4. Patrick_elx

does your trunk has a fromuser field? does your trunk has a /xxx at the end of the register string?

if yes to one of these, that's probably the DID that you can associate with the inbound route.

if not, just log in to the cli (run asterisk -rvvv on the pbx or remotely via ssh) and look at what's happening when you receive a call. You will the DID associated with your trunk.