how to reduce the time to send number

Discussion in 'General' started by brusemao, Jun 13, 2008.

1. brusemao

hi, all
    if i use x-lite, this condition will not happen, you just dial the numbers and press "enter".

but when I use deskphone, which is traditional phone, not ip phone, if not dial end with "#" key, it must wait a least above 10 seconds to send.

I monitor it on the console using "asterisk -vvvvr"

any help will be apprecicated.

2. Bob

Bob

brusemao,

This is a function of the phone that you are using with Elastix.

Each phone is slightly different, and is either set in the GUI of the phone that you are using, or in the XML/Conf files if you are using TFTPboot.

E.g. in the Cisco phones, it is in the Dialplan ...something similar to dialtimeout or similar..

Grandstream, Linksys and almost all others have a similar option in the GUI, and Conf files.

However, with a properly constructed dialplan for your phone, you can have the phone recognise that the number is complete and basically dial straight away.

Most phones allow you to press the # key at the end of the phone number to dial immediately...

Hope this helps...

Bob

3. brusemao

hi, Bob, Although not exactly solove this problem.Thank you for your reply very much.

4. Bob

Bob

brusemao,

Thank you for your kind reply, especially as I did not read your question properly at all.

I am doing some work today on some traditional phones in the lab for some other issue. Will see If I can come up with a better answer, even if we can reduce it to 4 seconds...

Regards

Bob