how to quid "musik on hold" to access answer machi

Discussion in 'General' started by fabianus, May 5, 2008.

1. fabianus

Hello !

I would like to offer the following possibility to callers:

When a caller is in a queue, listening to music, he should be able to press X at any time (while listening to the music) in order to quite the queue and leave a message on the answering message.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Regards,
    Fabianus

2. Bob

Bob

Re:how to quid "musik on hold" to access answer ma

Fabianus,

That one is reasonably simple, make sure that your Freepbx has been upgraded to 2.3.1.5 (not 2.4 - not needed). It might be available in earlier versions, but just letting you know what I am running....

Setup an IVR called breakout_ivr
    set it up with an IVR option with an announcement. The announcement will say "thank you for your patience, if you wish to hold on, we will be with you shortly, or alternatively, if you wish to just leave a message press 1 and you will be directed to the Voicemail to leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible."
    Setup an IVR option of 1, with a destination of a voicemailbox (one you have already setup). Leave all the rest of the options as default

Now in the queue that you have already setup, part way down the GUI Setup, you will find an option under Periodic Announcements, called IVR Breakout Menu. Drop the box down and select the breakout_IVR that you have already made. Set the repeat frequency to say 45 seconds, and submit.

Now every 45 seconds they will get a message telling them they can press a key to get out to voicemail. The example above uses 1 as the key but it can be anything as long as it is a single digit.

Works fine.

Regards

Bob

3. fabianus

Dear Bob,

thanks for your instant and detailed help.

I see your solution. What I hoped to do is slightly different: Play the music and they could type X at any time and come to the answering machine. The breakout_ivr would stop the music and after the message the music would start again from the beginning (otherwise, they could listen for several minutes different songs, which would be less annoying).

You think that there is any solution for this?

Thanks for your kind support.

Regards,
    Fabianus

4. Bob

Bob

Fabianus,

Have faith.....

Perform the setup exactly as above but set the periodic announcement for the Breakout_IVR for 10 or 20 minutes.

The Breakout_IVR option is available from any point that the Queue MOH Commences, not just when the periodic announcement is on, or from the point that it first plays.

So the recommendation, is to place a message in the Join announcement for the queue which goes along the line
    "Thank you for waiting, one of our staff will be with your shortly. Should you wish to not remain on hold at any time you can press 1 to leave a message at any time" (or better said).

Regards

Bob

5. fabianus

Dear Bob,

Excuse my missing dedication to the Elastix doctrine ;-)

I'll be more pious in future :whistle:

Thanks again four your excellent help.

Regards,
    Fabianus