How to open door using Elastix - Access control

MST

I am trying to find some way how to do that with door buzzer, I mean I would like to use Elastix and some sort of extension be able to open main door. This is the biggest problem at this time for me. I understand there might not be easy or stright way but I don't think it is not possible at all.

If you know where to start from, any links, sources if you can please provide. This feature is very important to have it working in places where Elastix is implemented, and many people are looking for it.

Thank You

MST

MST

I forget to add that I have already Panasonic PBX that is able to do that, so meybe I can use TDM100 with Elastix?

MST

I believe I need something that will be between Elastix and Door opener, I see that in fallowing way. I call extension, misc application, whatever that can activate and can release the door.

MST

agidi

Hello MST

I have used successfully CyberDatas IP door phone

http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/ ... index.html

It has an on board relay, that hooks to the door latch/strike. You just need to supple power for the latch.

Cyberdata support are very nice, I have submitted bugs, and got them fixed. Product is solid.

best luck.

agidi

fraggle4

If you want an analog solution there are the Pantel/Pancode units. I have five of these installed, and they work OK. They can actuate a doorlock directly. They require an fxs port each. The Pancode ones are useful as the door can be opened by people that know the code.

MST

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate any advice, link, etc... thank you again.

I think we have to buy some SIP enable Icom with door relay like VIP-172L .....

Has anyone ever tried to atchieve that using FXO card (sangoma,digium) ? I would like to play with this solution. I understand this not would be professional one but just to see if possible to make it work.

THX

agidi

I used a doorbell phone, on a fxo port. It works BUT

its a pain in the .... because you can't call it back to talk to the user, you have to make sure it detects the DTMF codes right.

I did two of those, and started buying the cyberdata intercom.

If you can program. You could build an I/O board on a seria/parallel/usb port.
best luck

MST

Thank you for reply

I think it woul be the best use cyberdata .... it is professional and for a client better way.

For private use I will play with that stuff definatelly.

Cheers,

MST

QCFourie

Hi MST

We use X10 technology with Elastix and a neat little app called Heyu. Very easy to integrate with Asterisk through System() commands.

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen