How to make full backup or image for elastix serve

Discussion in 'General' started by Ashraf.jabali, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Ashraf.jabali

Hi All,

please i need any one to help me with doing full backup for the elastix server it self not only for configuration

i need to take full image that in case in any problem in the hard desk i can restore that image any time or we can say for the disaster recovery

By the way i try a lot of program like Norton gust and acronise true image but its not work with me it can't copy the boot file

So if any one have any idea about that please let me know or if you have any link to do the full backup for the elastix server

Thanks in Advance

2. DaveD

3. Ashraf.jabali

Re:How to make full backup or image for elastix se

Hi Deved

Thank you for your fast respond

but actually I'm looking for something smiler to Norton gust if that possible

Thank you

4. ramoncio

Hi Ashraf, wellcome to the forums,
    mondorescue makes a full backup of the root partition, but it has the advantage that you can run it into a working server. It generates a bootable iso, which you burn to a cd/dvd. Then you can boot the server using this cd/dvd and recover the whole system.

Anyway, have a look at clonezilla, it is a boot cd, more similar to norton ghost, but you'll need an external hard drive to make your backup into.

5. mbit

Use the mondo live image which will take an image like acronis and you can replicate your install this way.

6. Patrick_elx

The few times I had to restore my system, I was never able to use properly mondo restore.

There always was some issue that broke the restore somewhere.

On the other hand, all the clonezilla backup worked flawlessly.

7. Ashraf.jabali

Hi Guys,

thanks for all of you

im currently backing up my system using clonezilla and my hard disk is 320 giga and im only using 2% of this capacity

so, when i do the back up, i chose option copy disk to disk..and it tells me it needs 13hrs..does it really take that long

8. dicko

Yep, under your circumstances it will do a sector-by-sector backup, (all 320G at maybe 40mb/s) that is the advantage of Mondo, it further does it while you are "live".

Personally it has worked for me flawlessly after I RTFM, to USB sticks, NFS shares and local iso images (never bothered with a direct to DVD though) as a hint to all, when restoring, choose expert mode, then from the shell export TERM=vt100 and then run mondorestore or you will get very frustrated with the screen, you will also need a rudimentary knowledge of vi and a little more about grub, mdadm, hdd's and /dev/<devices> if you clone/move between largely different hardware.

9. Ashraf.jabali

Hi,

Tanks for this information.

actually i tried Mondo to download mondo software but i don't know which one i have to chose

I have elastix 1.5.2 and the OS centos 5.2

So please let me know which one i have to download from this link

http://www.mondorescue.org/downloads.shtml

And please if there any documentation for that i will be thanks for all of you

Regards

10. dicko

A tough one there :)

How about you choose a mirror, choose Centos, choose 5, that will get you there do it either by hand or get the mondorescue.repo and do it the easy way.

As to documentation it is conveniently located under the Docs tab next to the download tab on the link you posted. After installation man mondorescue from bash will also be informative

11. roloxxx77

the above link does not exist