How to make a simulate a T1 call in Elastix?

Discussion in 'General' started by haywoodcox, Jun 2, 2010.

1. haywoodcox

Hi all,

I have setup a Elastix with Digium T1 card installed. However I do not have the T1 cable from carrier yet. I want to simulate some call as it is from outside world, how could I do that? Is that need to have the LOCAL/ in the dial plan?

Actually I have setup some time group and IVR and incoming route in Elastix, however, when I dial the corresponding extension, its not working, so I want to make some test call as it is from the outside world.

Thanks.

Haywood

2. dicko

If you have two T1's yes you can do a cross-over connection between the two, but I suspect that right now you won't be a able to do that, use a VOIP DID for testing. If your really need to you can set up a voip trunk on 127.0.0.1 for "zero cost" inbound/outbound tests on a "pseudo" trunk, that however will take more than a little RTFM'ing. LOCAL/xxx will unlikely synthesize fully what you need to test as the context won't reflect the tentative "real world" to which you aspire.

dickobut

3. haywoodcox

Hi Dicko,

So is that mean I setup a SIP trunk with host=127.0.0.1, and then config the outbound route with my testing extension in the dial plan, using that SIP trunk?

Thanks.
    Haywood

4. dicko

Pretty well,

127.0.0.1 is the "loop-back" adapter, just think of a trunk that goes out the box, and in effect another one that comes back into the box, it really isn't a very useful construct in the real world, but should work for your testing.