How to limit or control outbound long call

dojiep

Hello everyone!

We are in a planning stage on putting up pbx system on our office. I read a lot regardig asterisk but can't find solution for our requirements. My boss wants to control outbound long distance call. Is it possible in elastix. For instance having a list of contact database control only by admin, deny all long distance call except listed on the said database. That is for us to monitor and even lessen telephone bill.

thanks in advance

dojie

rafael

Yo can using the custom context module. In Elastix Without Tears there is a section that talks about this module.

There is allways the Asterisk way where you can edit the contexts with text files.

Saludos,

Rafael

Chilling_Silence

Im not sure about how long-distance numbers differ from Local numbers in your region, but here in NZ I have an outbound route for Local Calls, National Calls, Cell Calls, Freephone Calls, Emergency Calls & International Calls.
If you do something like that, you can basically just password-protect the Route :) a nice and easy solution!

rafael

This is a good solution if you only want to control who can call outside and who can't. If you want to set time condition like some people can have internationall call no more than 5 minutes, then you would need contexts.

Best Regards,

Rafael

dojiep

Thanks for your reply!

I appreciate it very much!

Maybe i will elaborate further the scenario. Actually here in our country regarding telephone bill we have a fix monthly bill with unlimited local calls. But there are additional bills for long distance call(ndd, idd, cellphone calls). Now, that is what we want to control. All employees can initiate local calls anytime but cannot initiate long distance call only if the telephone numbers be listed on certain table or database which is controled only by the assigned admin officer.

rafael

I think chilling_silence solution would be the best. First create a pinset on freepbx an add the passwords that users could use to make international calls. After this create or edit the route that makes international calls and the pinset to it.

Best regards,

Rafael

dojiep

Hello!

I don't think its the right thing to do. Maybe you didn't get my point. It is just all employees are authorize to make a long distance call provided its a business call and not a personal call. That's why we want to have a database of long distance numbers and once anyone make a long distance call it will deny if its not on the list. We don't want to check anymore the telephone bill to verify that the numbers called are lets say customers number and not any personal call.

thanks again

dojie

rafael

So you just want to make it possible to call only to an specific set of numbers. You can create an outbound trunk and on the dial pattern textbox add the numbers that can call through that outbound trunk.

Best regards,

Rafael

Owarrior

Hello Rafael,

i do not know if u have solved this problem... i am just seing this post NOW. depending on what other module u plan to use in Elastis, you can make use of the SugarCRM module, and configure asterisk integration. that way the calls will have to originate from the database in Sugar!

just for the record. that is what i did and it works for me:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr