how to integrate skype with elastix?

dcondense

when i read the reply from one of my other thread,it remind me this, so i start a new thread to discuss about it.

is there anybody know how to integrate skype with elastix?

skype recommend Digium as pbx gateway, but they charge by minutes above 66 dollars set up fee. i already have a skype unlimited plan. just can't see the point why i should still need to pay extra by minutes for skype telephony service.

any input is welcome!

dingoland

The skype to elastix gateway from digium is the solution :D

66 dollars is the price of the module/trunk to install into asterisk and you need a business account from skype to use this service.

Some guys from pbxinaflash use another method but you should have an intel atom powered machine and live in USA to use skype for asterisk.

Too restrictive for me :D

Regards

dcondense

dingoland said:
Some guys from pbxinaflash use another method but you should have an intel atom powered machine and live in USA to use skype for asterisk.
thanks for the info!!

but, why it have to be in USA? does skype have a mechanism to distinguish the ip address, and disable asterisk access outside USA?

and why an intel atom powered machine? is there any difference with a desktop or laptop?

that acer machine is sweet, i am think to buy one, but my question is why it have to be atom powered machine?

any hint?

DaveD

but you should have an intel atom powered machine and live in USA to use skype for asterisk.
Incorrect information

dicko

I agree with DaveD,

there is no localization by Country or CPU,

If you want it to actually work, then I suggest you fess up and pay, and believe me 66 bucks is a small price to pay to get it actually working with DTMF et al. a regular TDM channel will cost you 10 to 20 bucks a month and each and every month,well as long as you use it anyway.

The other "solutions", whilst being cheaper will leave you with as little hair as I have :) and very rarely a functional channel, for incoming I believe you will need to buy a g729 license (or two) for 10 bucks each, so make that 56 bucks or less because g729 is included. You get what you pay for and free stuff is rarely "free", unless you value your time at zero cost, there is also a very high likelihood that they will break it soon after you get it "working", this is because they are way cleverer than you and have a vested interest in actually making money and not giving their hard earned profits to you for free :) .

regards

dicko

derbeder

rgpelastix

see sip2sis

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member