How to install Elastix from external USB DVDROM

Discussion in 'General' started by Rolf, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Rolf

Hello! Can anybody help me to install Elastix from external USB DVDROM? I burned .iso file on disk, plugg external USB DVDROM to diskless machine. But it can't find the ks.file and packages for installation...

2. Rolf

In Bios first boot devise - usb cdrom

3. Chilling_Silence

Id suggest its either a bad burn, bad drive, bad media, bad download, or a combination of the above.

Linux is almost always installed from a CD / DVD, and pretty much every single USB Optical drive you can imagine would be supported as they all use a pretty generic style of interfacing with your PC.

Check the MD5sum of the download perhaps? Reburn at a slower speed, and try some different (More expensive?) blank media.

Good luck

Chill.

4. dicko

Edit:
    If you are using one of the beta iso's , the absence of a usb-storage module in the syslinux kernel used by Elastix - betas, precludes the availability of the kickstart file to the boot process (I was told by the beta guys that it will be fixed in 1.5 final) ( or use the stable 1.3 iso , skip the error screen and choose usb-storage driver manually, ( or use hardware that doesn't need that driver))

5. Chilling_Silence

Ive *only* ever installed Elastix from an external DVDRom drive. It works, trust me!