How to install Elastix from external USB DVDROM

Rolf

Hello! Can anybody help me to install Elastix from external USB DVDROM? I burned .iso file on disk, plugg external USB DVDROM to diskless machine. But it can't find the ks.file and packages for installation...

Rolf

In Bios first boot devise - usb cdrom

Chilling_Silence

Id suggest its either a bad burn, bad drive, bad media, bad download, or a combination of the above.

Linux is almost always installed from a CD / DVD, and pretty much every single USB Optical drive you can imagine would be supported as they all use a pretty generic style of interfacing with your PC.

Check the MD5sum of the download perhaps? Reburn at a slower speed, and try some different (More expensive?) blank media.

Good luck

Chill.

dicko

Edit:
If you are using one of the beta iso's , the absence of a usb-storage module in the syslinux kernel used by Elastix - betas, precludes the availability of the kickstart file to the boot process (I was told by the beta guys that it will be fixed in 1.5 final) ( or use the stable 1.3 iso , skip the error screen and choose usb-storage driver manually, ( or use hardware that doesn't need that driver))

Chilling_Silence

Ive *only* ever installed Elastix from an external DVDRom drive. It works, trust me!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi