How to forward call to a non busy trunk line.

Discussion in 'General' started by derflanoj, Jun 30, 2009.

1. derflanoj

Hi to all, I need advise on how to do this.

Scenario:

1. I have Setup Elastix 1.5 with TDM400 (4 port FXO)
    2. Telco subscription: 1 Pilot Line Number and 3 Trunk line

Need to be done:
    1. If there is a incoming call to my Pilot Line Number I want elastix to be able to hunt a trunk that is available so that the call can be forwarded to my main extension and auto attendant will trigger. How can I do this.
    2. If there is an outbound call I also want elastix to hunt a trunk that is available.

I need detailed information on how to do this because I am new in VOIP. I have only setup Elastix before using the Grandstream Gateway and have only plugged in a telephone line that have no trunk line.

2. Onerlan

Hi my friend, i have the same problem, but my topology is not same. You got the new information to resolve the problem?

3. Suthern

In elastix what I did, and it worked fine, was in the TRUNKS area, setup one new 'ZAP' trunk for each FXO port. Then in the OUTGOING ROUTES, I simply added the trunks in the dropdowns and configured them in the order I wanted it to use.

Now add an INCOMING ROUTE with nothing in the DID and CID fields. This will make it catch all incoming calls. Set the DESTINATION to your extension, or wherever you want all the calls to go.

4. jmbaruk

I would suggest you read elastix without tears the newest edition because it will give you all the info you need and much more and dont read it once go through it a number of times and you will find it extremely helpful and it answers everything you are discussing above and much more...