How to fax to multiple email account?

Discussion in 'General' started by leiw3248, Mar 30, 2011.

1. leiw3248

Hello,

I known fax can send to one email account, how about multiple email account?

Thanks !

2. dicko

From bash:

man aliases

3. leiw3248

Sorry Dicko, do you mean use that command in some file?

4. dicko

No , I mean use that "command" from your login to the server, it will display the "man page" for "aliases", man is short for manual. so interpret that as TFM (The F'ing Manual)

It then needs to be Read, as in the R of "RTFM" if you do that and actually absorb it, you will find out how to make an alias that sends emails to "lots of different people", if you don't do that and just continue to not do that due diligence, you just won't ever find out and nobody will have the patience to tell you why.

In your case I suggest you might have to Read it maybe 434 times ;)

dicko

p.s.

PLEASE find a bash tutorial in the language of your choice, when you find one PLEASE read it . . .

5. leiw3248

After added multiple email account in /etc/postfix/virtual and then portmap /etc/postfix/virtual, now fax can send to multiple email account !!

6. yeya

Hi leiw, i tried what you wrote, add emails in that file, and portmap.
    My problem is that elastix doesn't give me option to set 'Associated Email' to anything except valid email address.
    Is there any idea how can i solve it?
    Thanks in advance

7. pmurphy

Not to call anyone out by name, but wow that was a tough reply to someone trying to learn.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, married to the wrong person and wish you weren't, mother bottle feed you or what....ouch that stings a little

Some users of the forum are trying to learn a little and support a small office or home network.

That being said it is a very good idea to read every manual written for Elastix (a lot of people have put many hours in print to help), Linux for dummies, some form of an asterisk manual and whatever else you can get your hands on.

Please use google or whatever you like for a search engine and read at least 6 posts.

After your due diligence has been done, bring all your questions to the forum with a good description, lots of helpful people here to help.

Be happy everyone it saves on medical bills in the long run.

8. Amphibian

Well, it won't hurt him to be called out by name.....lol. Unfortunatlly he is no longer part of the forum. Although his answers at times seemed to be abrupt, he, like others that have pasted to the wayside from being over worked and under paid, contributed alot to the forum. In all due respect to him, I can understand why he answered to post the way he did at the time, Many, many people were joining and instantly asking questiones (like some do today) without even reading any of the readily available free manuals or other post on the very topic they were requesting info on. I must say I've been guilty of this from time to time myself.

Although his post may not have been very professional, he, like Bob and alot others not seen on here anymore, have contributed a great deal to this forum and they are and will truly be missed. They have a wealth of information that most of us only wish we had, I included.

Although Dicko expressed (in my opinion) some verbal thoughts that may not have been liked by the powers to be and to my knowledge has been restricted from this forum I hope that the powers to be will strongly consider what both the forum and the company looses my voting to band special people from the forum in the future.

I also hope that users realise that those that try to help do so as a volunteer, even if their attitudes might not conform to the standards. These volunteers donate a lot of their valuable time and efforts and do so with out asking for much in return.

Individuals like Bob (whom seems to be missing in action these days), jguterrez, danardf and many many more also have contributed to the product of and display of free manuals and add-ons that so many of us enjoy daily.

I myself, would be more than happy to deal with the likes and responses of Dicko just to be able to have the assistance he provided. I personally would like to see him and several others return to the forum.

Just my opinion on the subject.

amphibian

9. pmurphy

I thank all those that are trying to use and make the product better. Forums like this are the only way an open source product can improve and be supported by users. I try to read all the posts that are made as it is a great way to learn. Mastering a platform like this even for a seasoned IT person can take a long while. The Elastix team has made it so simple to install what is actually a very complicated group of software titles that many first timers or new to telco guys are going to have many questions. I suggest anyone having difficulty with an individual software title be sure to also check the forum and manuals written for that piece, then be sure to bring the answers back to this forum as well. The more rounded users of the platform will help to make it a recognized platform and gain the respect it deserves.

Thanks to all...