How to dial and transfer conversation?

Discussion in 'General' started by Reven, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Reven

Hello again to everyone in forum. I have one question.
    Is it possible while one extension is in conversation with one sip trunk, the operator press
    a button or dial something, brake the conversation and talk to the trunk line without the extension do something?

I want to use like this:
    I have some extensions and the talk to the trunk sip lines. I dont want to use the chanspy, I want the operator (one extension) take the trunk line back and talk direct to the people again.

Is it possible?:(

Thanks for any answer.
    Reven.

2. rafael

I think, what you want to do is an attended transfer. The default feature code for this is *2, but most ip phones have buttons for attended an unattended transfers. Also if the operator has an operator phone,life would be easy or you can even use the flash operator panel that comes with Elastix.

Regards,

Rafael

3. Reven

As far I know, the *2 function is used when I am in a conversation for example from my extension with a trunk. I dial *2 and one other extension number to transfer the call. But I don't want this.

I try to explain beter.
    For example, i have 5 extensions, 201 to 205 and some SIP Trunks 1 to 5.
    My operator have the extension 201, my office the extension 202 etc.
    From my extension (202), I call one number from tunk 1 and I am in conversation. Now my operator with dial or press a button, I want to brake my conversation (102 to trunk 1) and transfer the trunk 1 at the
    extension 203, like drag and drop fron FOP, but from a phone.

Is ithis possible?

Thanks,
    Reven.

4. Reven

Hello again!

Nobody knows that?

Anyone knows how to do something like "drag and drop" like FOP, from a menu - macro or
    something else?:(

Thanks!
    Reven

5. Patrick_elx

I'm not sure I understand your question.

You want to allow someone from another extension to be able to hijack your conversation by transferring it to someone else?

6. Reven

Yes, somethnig like thet.
    Try yourself and see. Call one trunk from one extension and grag-drop the trunk icon to one other extension from FOP. I want this to have it as option (Button, dial macro or whatever).
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reven.