How to define Dahdi Channels in Inbound Routes ?

Discussion in 'General' started by blackwoodie, Apr 14, 2009.

1. blackwoodie

Sep 2, 2008

I just install a new Elastix box with the 1.5.2-2 version. This is the first time I use the dahdi upgrade so I got this problem..

I don`t have any SIP provider only PSTN and a GSM Card Bank (For calling CellPhones)in two dahdi channels (Span # 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)), on previous versions of Elastix I can define the channel to use in the Inbound Routes but in this version I don`t know how to do it, when I try to add the second Inbound Route (This route will be used to call from Cell-user to Cell-GSM-Base then an extension) elastix says "A route for this DID/CID already exists! => /" and nothing happens..:blush:
    Can somebody explainme how to define wich channel the inbound routes will use, or what to do in this version to get this work.

2. Lou1z

Aug 20, 2008
    this ain't gonna help but i've got exactly the same issue with trying to route dahdi to a fax. it's certainly a routing issue as the fax is working. there are a few others on here with the same symptoms. mine occured after an upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.5.2.
  3. DaveD

Nov 12, 2007

Use un embedded freepbx
    under inbound call control set your DID and ZAP channel in Zap channel DID's ,this allows extra DID routes on the 1 zap channel if your telco has it enabled
    when done go to inbound routes and create inbound putting in your DID and give it a name
    Now there are a few files to change to allow routes on zaptel/dahdi
    /etc/asterisk change chan_dahdi.conf to read from-zaptel
    next file is
    /etc/asterisk change dahdi-channels.conf to read from-zaptel instead of from-pstn

This is how mine is setup and works fine