how to create a pickupgroup ?

byaru1

Folk,

Call pickup is not working on my Polycom Soundpoint 330 phones, and i figured out that I have to add different extensions to respective pickupgroups.

How do I create a pickupgroup in Elastix? I only see a way to create a ring group, not a pickup group! (from the web UI/freepbx)

thanks
eb

rejil.rajan

Hi

If you edit the extensions, you will have an option to select the pickup group the extension has to be in. All you have to do is select the extensions you want in a group and change the value to 2. All these extensions will be in the same pickup group. By default the group is 1

byaru1

rejil.rajan said:
Hi

If you edit the extensions, you will have an option to select the pickup group the extension has to be in. All you have to do is select the extensions you want in a group and change the value to 2. All these extensions will be in the same pickup group. By default the group is 1
hi Rajan, I did this as the first thing, but doing *8 or ** wont initiate a call pickup (from my Polycom handset to another).. Is there anything else I must add to the configs?

rejil.rajan

Please check if ** is there in the dial plan of Polycom

I normally put the digit map in Polycom as (*xx.|**xx.|xx.). This will not allow the ** pickup, but you can pickup the call by **<Ringing extension>.

byaru1

rejil.rajan said:

I normally put the digit map in Polycom as (*xx.|**xx.|xx.). This will not allow the ** pickup, but you can pickup the call by **<Ringing extension>.
How do I do that?

I can only configure the polycom through http :( and i see no dialplan setting on there
eb

rejil.rajan

When you configure it through http, go to the SIP configuration tab and at the bottom of the page there is a value called Digitmap, change it with the above. Keep a copy of the existing Digitmap incase u need to revert back.

raj

Byaru1 try this at command prompt:

#
Code:
echo "pickupexten = *8" >>  /etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf
#
Code:
amportal restart
you should be able to pickup calls with *8 i was having same problem then Ramoncio suggested me the above code and it worked hope it will help you as well.

Check and let us know.

byaru1

rejil.rajan said:

Thanks - this worked for me,
rgds,
eb.

byaru1

raj said:
Byaru1 try this at command prompt:

#
Code:
echo "pickupexten = *8" >>  /etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf
#
Code:
amportal restart
you should be able to pickup calls with *8 i was having same problem then Ramoncio suggested me the above code and it worked hope it will help you as well.

Check and let us know.
This option did not work, sorry :(
rgds
eb

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc