how to configure fxs ata on freepbx

Discussion in 'General' started by yesmat, Oct 11, 2009.

1. yesmat

Hi All,

I have an external SIP FXS gateway that supports 4 analogue phones. (patton)

I have never configured FXS extensions with FreePBX before, especially with a remote FXS ATA that supports more than one extension.

1- Do I configure normal SIP extensions on FreePBX? and once ATA is configured with correct parameters (Elastix IP address, sip username, sip password etc...) should it work? is that all that's required?

2- Do I configure a ZAP extensions even thought I am using an external FXS gateway? don't think so...

3- Or should I configure Custom extensions?

don't worry too much with Patton configs, i will figure that out but I need to know what kind of extensions should i use and whether or not i need any additional Elastix configs to get this going.

Thanks for your help.

2. Patrick_elx

You just create normal sip extensions.

Your gateway will connect to your pbx with the parameters of each extension (extension/password/register).

that's it.

From the pbx side, your extensions will be seen like any other sip extensions. No need for ZAP, custom ext or else.

3. yesmat

Thanks for your help.

Do you have experience with Patton 4-port FXS gateway?

It seems like a dog to configure.

4. Patrick_elx

no sorry.
    I played with grandstream gxw40xx gateway but I also had problem with their unreliability.
    I'm using now TDM400 instead.