how to configure elastix box to dial pppoe to get

daddy

Hi

I have an isp who uses a pppoe server and i want to connect my elastix box to the internet but do not know how to let the box dial a pppoe connction. Any help on this or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

ramoncio

Is there any specific purpose for this?
Usually you configure the pppoe client in your dsl router.

daddy

Please correct me if i am wrong, still a newbie.

Reason for this is i would like to use a VOIP service provider, however i need the elastix box to get an internet connection and the only way i get internet at the office is via a pppoe connction on our lan. Does the elastix need an internet connection to connect to internet voip providers?

Thanks

ramoncio

Yes, the elastix box needs an internet connection.
But as I told you, you should configure in your adsl/cable router/modem the pppoe connection, to get the wan IP address. And you will use its LAN address as your gateway.

daddy

I understand but i do not have control over the adsl router. i only get given a user name and password to use pppoe from the building landlord.

Thanks

ramoncio

daddy

Hi

After a long search found a solution.

You firstly need to connect the box to a modem to get an internet connection. (I took my box to a freind with an adsl router)

After wards changed my gateway to that of my freinds adsl router to get an internet connection then i type "yum install rp-pppoe" on the elastix box.
After the install is complete type "adsl-setup" and follow instructions. All is done and you should have a working pppoe client setup on your elastix box.

Thanks
:)

ramoncio

Cool!
I'll take note.

PBXBen

How do I make elastix in PPPoE accessible to extensions also in PPPoE?

I just migrated from mikrotik hotspot/DHCP setup to PPPoE and I could not make elastix work like it used to be in hotspot setup. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moaulool