How to configure DNSMASQ

telecomtechnician

Hi elastix community

I would appreciate some help in how to configure DNSMASQ in elastix, I am having problems when internet is down and the elastix server dies. Please it is a little urgent.

Once again thanks

David Medina

dicko

pretty well put some nameservers in /etc/dnsmasq.conf and edit /etc/resolv.conf to use the nameserver at 127.0.0.1

telecomtechnician

Thanks dicko

The file has about 400 lines of different parameters, in which one should I put the name of the server and the local ip were should it point too?

Please be a little more specific

Once again thanks

David Medina

dicko

The obvious place:

# Add other name servers here, with domain specs if they are for
# non-public domains.
#server=/localnet/192.168.0.1

so add a line

server=4.2.2.1

or whatever, it makes no sense to use a "name" for a dns server, so " . . in which one should I put the name of the server and the local ip were should it point too? . . ", is illogical, what would resolve that name?

telecomtechnician

Hi Dicko

Thanks for your link.

I did the changes and it works fine, if there is no internet, elastix still works, but now I do not see my sip trunks. I erased them all, and created all of them again from scratch and they do not appear in the CLI when I do sip show peers. I do a sip show peer XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the sip trunk) and it says it cannnot find it. It is like it does not exist.

The sip trunks DO APPEAR in the FOP and freepbx and in the sip_additional.conf file.

Definetely something changed in the .conf files after the installation and configuration of DNSmasq.

The elastix version is 1.6-12 with no updates in freepbx.

I would appreciate your help

David Medina

dicko

What link?

believe me nothing changed in the /etc/asterisk/*.conf files by installing and setting up dnsmasq, i suggest you restore from a backup made when it was working.

If

sip show peers

doesn't show the trunk, just the extensions, maybe a sip reload is necessary after the network is restored. If the the cache gets stale, you can add the ip of your vendor's server into /etc/hosts (if it is always the same)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr