How to config the "Endpoint Configurator"

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee Sharp, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Lee Sharp

I am using the tool built into Elastix 2.0.x and it works OK. But it gives the server IP address. (192.168.1.20) Nice, but it has more than one nic... So I need it to pass the domain name to the config instead. (pbx.mycompany.com) However, the only files I am finding with that set in there get rebuilt every time I run the tool. Any hints?

2. dicko

3. fmvillares

Re: Re:How to config the "Endpoint Configurator"

+1 to dick the new 2.9 even in rc version is excellent my record is to autoconfigure 200 phones in less than 1 hour

4. Lee Sharp

A few questions... If I install the aftermarket version, will it break upgrades in Elastix? (Generally, I stay stock unless I have a major reason not to. It makes torubleshooting easier, and bare metal rebuilds less trouble.) And what will it do to the 40 ish phones I already have configured in the factory one?

5. dicko

It won't break upgrades to FreePBX (any worse than they are already anyway :) ) and you can uninstall it with the click of a button if you care to.

It will do nothing to your previously configured phones unless you tell it to.

p.s. Look into mondorescue for bare-metal restoration, it will save you hours next time you build/rebuild/clone/backup a machine.