How to change Mailbox Announcement

jessie

Hello,

I would like to change the default voicemail announcement, i.e., "personal extension '100' is unavailable, please leave your message after the tone. when done hangup or press the # key". I want to create my own announcement that will fit to my application. Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jessie

asepulveda

Just dial your voice mail , the same way you do it when you check your mail , and enter to the voice mail options , i think is the number 3 , there you can personalice any of the message , unavailable , busy , dnd

johnme

Hi

Another way is to check the option " Do Not Play please leave message after tone to caller" and then create an ivr that has as a destination

johnme

" Do Not Play please leave message after tone to caller"
You can find it in freepbx in general settings

jessie

Hi Asepulveda,

Thank you very much, that really works on one extension. I don't think I have to do that to all of our extensions specially other extensions were on remote area.

Again, Thank you.

Regards,

Jessie

jessie

Hi johnme,

Creating IVR, Announcement and System recording are good Idea but this are best when doing DID purposes. In the General Settings, the only option is " Do Not Play please leave message after tone to caller". There is no option like "Do Not Play extension XXXXXX is not available".

Is there any possible way to have option parameters in the Extensions menu to have not to play the extension number when we enable the Voicemail? (if not in the GUI, somewhere in the extensions.conf?)

Any idea is very much appreciated.

Regards to all,

Jessie

Megabyte

Hi, if you want to do so, do this:

1-) record the announce you want to hear.
2-) Find in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds the defaults sounds of the voicemail (the ones you want to change)
3-) rename the sounds files. for example ( voicemail-intro.gsm to voicemail-intro.gsm.old)
4-) rename your new recorder to voicemail-intro( for example)
5-) try now.

That will be the default for all your message.

jessie

Hi Megabyte,

It did works... thank you very much.

Cheers,

jessie

Megabyte

Give me an applaud :p.
And no problem we are here to help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics