How to change default unembedded freepbx password?

Discussion in 'General' started by kinglyr, Jun 2, 2009.

1. kinglyr

Dear Community!
    I am a moderate user of asterisk systems. I am trying to setup an Elastix server fro my home. During setup while i was trying to secure the server, i found that someone can enter the unembedded freepbx page by just entering on a browser the IP address of the elastix server and adding the /admin/config.php. (https://IP-address-of-elastix/admin/config.php).

Therefore i read the security section in order to find how can i change the default password for unembedded freepbx page? But no luck!
    The only thing i found is the topic "How can I reset unembedded freepbx password?" Which i tried to use it but it did not do my job... :-(

Is there a topic for that matter?

Regards,

John Lyritis

2. kinglyr

:)
    I ask and then i answer!!! LOL
    the solution of the problem was found at URL:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 5&id=16209
    And it is soooooooo simple!!!
    Patrick_elx said "Did you try to go in freepbx, administrators (under the basic subtab), choose admin (on the right side) and then change the password."

Good night!

3. Patrick_elx

You're not the first one not to find the tab....

Sometimes the most obvious answer is in front of our eyes and we can't see it.
    It's happening to me everyday.

4. kinglyr

:)
    yes i was fighting to solve it using the console and going into the .conf files editing and so and the solution was at the GUI!!! Unbelievable... :)))
    (These things happen when you think like when you run a TrixBox asterisk...)
    Elastix is far better than trixbox.
    Regards,

John

5. Patrick_elx

Trixbox is using a forked version of freepbx that does not have all the latest upgrade of the original freepbx that Elastix is using.