How does an extension user log into the web gui

Discussion in 'General' started by rramer, Apr 1, 2011.

1. rramer

how does an extension user login to the web gui to access their voicemail, or create a conference?

I tried the ext# and the ext pwd in the login screen but that doesn't seem to work...
    any suggestions/feedback welcome!

Thanks!

Rob Ramer

2. franklin

Welcome, Rob. Go to https://<yourip>/recordings and tell me if you get a blue and white screen with a little frog in the upper left corner. This is the Asterisk Recording Interface. You're going to want to become familiar with it. Lots of controversy. Elastix apparently doesn't like it, and sometimes you have to force it to load. See some of dicko's posts on it.

You can create users in the System/User Management tab and give them various access permissions.

I don't use the create conferences feature. I just set up bridges on the PBX/Conferences tab and create passwords and then have people dial in via an IVR or from the inside by the 4 or 5-digit extension you give the bridge.

Let us know if you get the ARI screen or the screen showing the directory.

3. rramer

:) that does it alright, and without creating special users in the Elastix gui.
    Thanks!!

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:How does an extension user log into the web gui

+1 franklin
    ..join the new list asterisk-biz-hands-on in google groups where all the gurus here are going after dickos departure...

5. djuhnke

I get the ARI screen..how can I fix this?

Dan

6. franklin

Do you mean you get the screen showing the file system? update your freePBX and/or search for threads for user dicko and ARI. He covered this a lot here. post back if you still need help.