How do you use a per-user password outgoing lines

Discussion in 'General' started by trevor, Oct 13, 2010.

1. trevor

I need for my pbx to prompt users for a password or PIN before outgoing calls can be made.

I want to give each user their uniqe unique password and PIN, so that I can monitor exactly how users make external calls monthly.

How can I achieve this?

2. Bob

Bob

Trevor,

You create a pin set (e.g. call the Pin set "All_Users").

Tick "RECORD IN CDR"

Under this Group, just list a range of numbers

Under each outbound route (or single route if you are using that method) you will find a drop down box that has a list of the PIN SET's allowed to use that route. Select it and when a call is made out of that route it will request a pin number.

Of those numbers you entered above, give one to each phone user. Each call they make they will enter their pin number and the calls go out. It will also put the pin number under the ACCT Code in the CDR, which you can filter on.

If you want a limited amount of users to be able to make mobile calls or International calls, then create a new Pin Set called "MOB_INTL" and list the same user pins that you specified in the "ALL_USERS" pin list (minus the ones you don't want to use the outbound route)...Under the International and Mobile outbound route, select the pin group called MOB_INTL, and only those that have a PIN number in that list will be able to get out to Mobiles and International calls.

Naturally you need to track yourself what pin number is for each user, but its fairly easy.

Now having said all that, I assume you are using this method as users do not have a specified extension or use each others phones....otherwise I would just use the CDR to filter by extension....a lot less work...

Hope this helps....

Bob