How Do I Set Up A Remote Extension

MGG

Hi All

I am having trouble setting up a Yealink T26 Handset as a remote extension.

I can get a sip registration however the handset says "network unavailable" then after a while the registration drops off.

The remote handset is behind a router with inward & outward port forwarding set up to point to the local handset IP address.

Am I missing some sought of setup in elastix for the remote extension itself? I have the remote extension set up as a normal sip extension.

Thanks . Would appreciate some guidence.

andyshawn

I am guessing maybe the router is not doing its job properly. If the router has a "DMZ" zone, then put the IP address of the Handset in there.
Setting up the extension is pretty straight forward, so i don't think you doing anythign wrong there.

Let me know if that helped.

gl1176

It depends if you are using a standard router or a router/firewall appliance. If using a router with nat, then just set the phone to register every 60 seconds to keep the sip port from closing on the nat. A lot of times this will also work with firewalls, but some firewalls my be too restrictive.

Make sure you setup the PBX with the correct sip settings in the general section of the sip_general_custom.conf or you could get one way audio issues. The easiest way to set this up using the GUI, is to use the umembedded version of freepbx, and install the SIP Settings module. At the top of that module will have the NAT settings that you need to configure.

MGG

Thank you. All up and running now. I port forwarded port 4569 in and out and to one of the handsets.

Thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi