How can we rebuild Zaptel?

hakan

I tried to rebuild zaptel, but I was unsuccessful. How can we do a clean zaptel rebuild on v1.0.

Thanks

lek

1.0 has the kernel-devel package included. So, it should be possible to build zaptel in this distro. Could you post more details about the problem?

hakan

I am running the 1.0 version on vmware and to eliminate choppy sound I installed kernel-vm-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5 and kernel-vm-devel-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5. When I choose this kernel at start up I have to rebuild the zaptel.

I will check the kernel-devel package as you suggested.

Thanks,

dsantiago

I had same problem with the sound and I just used Xen version to run it under VMWARE and it solved the problem

umbabunga

I have exactly the same problem. I rebuilt the CentOS kernal as I have Elastix running in VMWare and calls were distorted. This has fixed the call quality but Zaptel no longer loads. Apparently rebuilding Zaptel should fix this problem:
http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread ... =66&page=3

Being a Centos newb I am not quite sure how to do this. I've tried the following:
wget http://repo.elastix.org/centos/5/update ... -3.src.rpm
rpm -ivh zaptel-1.4.9.2.xpp.r5517-3.src.rpm

But get this error:
error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

Any ideas?

umbabunga

Running the Xen version does indeed fix the sound problem without braking anything else. Still trying to get it running with the VMWare version of the kernel though as I assume it has some performance benefits.

lek

Guys, we hope to relase our first Elastix VMWare image in about two weeks. We hope to fix this bug for that date.<br><br>Post edited by: edgar, at: 2008/04/17 11:59

lek

I think that while fixing the bug, a good workaround would be to boot with the Xen kernel as stated by dsantiago.

hakan

Booting with Xen seems to resolve the sound problem. Thanks everyone for their inputs.

umbabunga

I downloaded and compiled zaptel-1.4.10. Zaptel no longer fails to load with the VMWare kernel. Unfortuently the sound canceller fails to load.

Will it be easy to update from Xen version to VMWare version when it's released?

Is anyone aware of issues running the Xen kernel in VMWare?

MarkosJal

I am running a few versions of Elastix from VirtualBox on Windows. Although the standard kernel gave us accelerated recordings on some versions of Elastix, I think this may be resolved with the VMware kernel which so far, seems perfectly happy with Virtualbox.

There is however an error produced at start up saying that Zaptel does not load, and I would really like to know how to rebuild Zaptel as there seems to be no documentation here relating to that. Can I ignore the Zap errors if I have no such hardware?

CentOS is looking for /dev/zap at start up and it seems to not exist.

Does elastix use ZTDummy?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti