High Availability

Simon James

Just wondering whether you could do something to integrate High Availability into elastix - vovida or something like that may prove a suibtable route.

I am in the process of planning a rather large asterisk roll out and having a high availability feature would certainly help!

Cheers

Simon

edgar

Thanks for your suggestion Simon,

Honestly, We have not think in high availability but is good to see your interest. We are thinking on it now.

About vovida, you mean the 'load balancer'?

Simon James

Yeah, load balancing is something that I think is integral to high availability and should really be made available - Elastix is a superb configuration tool for Asterisk, to really set it apart from other configuration systems would just seal that deal for me.

Vovida seems to have a good reputation with regards to load balancing - it seems that it works with Asterisk.

Obviously, having a solution that makes true enterprise provision would seriously put Asterisk on the map as a scalable, reliable and secure solution for the future.

sircar

For High availablity I think whats important is being able to specify an external database for Elastix and all its components. This way your user management stays seprate from asterisk and to a central place. You can then introduce a load balance to normalize http traffic to your Elastix node - for user related activity. Also UDP based load balancer to moderate traffic on your asterisk node.

So a remote database with Elastix ? is it possible if so where would one go about configuring the connection parameters ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr