helpdesk with asterisk

Discussion in 'General' started by polupochnik, Jan 17, 2010.

1. polupochnik

Hi

any idea?

2. Patrick_elx

any question ?

3. polupochnik

=)
    sorry
    Aim to organise system of technical support
    To integrate with ASterisk
    Whether there are variants of decisions

4. Patrick_elx

I'm sorry I still don't understand.

If you are looking to have some advanced IVR with multichoice menu and playing different announce for each, yes you can do that with Elastix.
    If you are trying to build a really complex intricate menu system I would suggest to add some third party software to help you build it.

If you are looking for voice recognition, Elastix has nothing build in for it, but again you can go with some third party software.

If you are looking for managing a call queue, yes Elastix can do it.

If you are looking for a decision flow read by an operator, that is not related to the Pbx but the operator/call center management, but you can have the call info sent by the Pbx to a third party software.

Now if you are looking for something else, explain clearly what you want and you will have probably a better answer.

5. polupochnik

i need organise helpdesk service
    with feauters:
    1) call centre (with elastix it's ok)
    2)its requests via help desk software, such as an incident tracking system, that allows them to track user requests with a unique ticket number
    with examples
    Typically, an incident tracking system has been implemented that allows a logging process to take place at the onset of a call. If the issue isn't resolved at the first-level, the ticket is escalated to a second, higher, level that has the necessary resources to handle more difficult calls

6. rafael

7. steveM

ReadyDesk just added support for Asterisk.

8. mbrunet

I just noticed our Polycom sip phones when connected to an outside number are not transmitting the DTMF codes. I can hear the sound geenrated from the phone but it is not going out to the other phone? any idea?

9. danardf

Hi.

Be careful with codec used, G729 for example or else. In this case, maybe use dtmfmode=INFO.

Regards