help!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by rtginc, Feb 26, 2008.

1. rtginc

I have a problem with my new pc and have to format it.but how can i get an effective back up for my c drive.???

2. sergiogm2000

why do you need a backup of a PC that you need to format in the first place?, anyways, you could use any software to backup there are freeones and others that you have to buy, just go to google and search for backup software and then you'll have you question solved

3. Cerino88

Dear Sergio, i had to do the same that rtginc , i had to replace HD to my Elastix system. I tried many backup software that i used many other times to backup a windows system and all worked perfectly, but i never get a succes backup of an HD with an Elastix system, ever got some error about the type of partition.
    If u have tested and found a software that can, pls let us know wich and how.
    BTW responding to rtginc, u can use my backup solution on this post:
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?op...lastix_cat=asterisk&elastix_txt=Backup+issues

Davide

4. sergiogm2000

well as long as I know you can use your HD inside a windows PC then you should make an Image with Ghost from Symantec or another program http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities ... mage.shtml this link might help you... After that you can erase that HD or replace it with another. Finally restore that image into your new HD and you're done.
    Hope this help you:)

5. Cerino88

As long as i know, Sergio, i used in many occasion, some of the softwares mentioned on the link u provided.
    I used for many backups of microsoft system, but for a strange reason (i'm not really a linux expert), using pretty all these softwares, i cant have a full hd backup cause when reading the partions to write an image file, or to dump directly to other hd, some errors occurs whit the Elastix partiton, then...
    Have u tested these softwares in a standard partitioned Elastix installation? Cause here we are discuting to how have an Elastix system backup and not a general OS backup.
    I tell this cause i tried and got no succes.
    If u tested some of these software in a Elasitix System pls tell us wich one, and maybe which version of the one u used.

Davide