Help with voicemail notification

Discussion in 'General' started by Wells, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Wells

Hi , I am very new to Elastix but have been trying to fix a problem and am now stuck.
    The problem is this , I have set-up voice mail on my extension (300) on my 1.5.2-2.3 system.
    I have set up email notification for voice mail but although it sends the mail it delays sending by 2hours - 10 hours !!
    I have no idea why this is happening.
    I have checked the Linux date and this is all correct , I have checked Elastix through the GUI but can't find anything that would delay mail.
    I have checked my email spam folders and still nothing found.
    Would anyone have any idea where I should look next or is there any debugging I can switch on to trace what's going on?
    Many thanks in advance Richard(UK)

2. danardf

Hi.

Verify your dns parameters, and/or the port #25 SMTP is really open.

To try the mail post, you can use the linux cmd.:
    # mail to your.mail@domain.com
    Suject : your subject [return]

Your message
    [CTRL] + [D]
    CC: [return]

Let me know.

Good night.

3. ramoncio

Hi Wells, wellcome to the Elastix community!!

Try with this one-liner:
    Code:
    #echo "body of message with contents" | mail -s "email subject" destination@email.com ; tail -f /var/log/maillog

Of course, change destination@email.com for your desired destination.
    This sends the email and opens the maillog for you to review. When you are done you can exit with CTRL+C

Do you use smtp relay in your postfix configuration, or you deliver the message to the final recipient?

4. danardf

It should be possible if the provider change the SMTP port by another port number.

I had the same problem. I did use the port #25 to send mail from another SMTP server (and not use the SMTP server provider that use another port, and lock the port #25) , and lots of mail don't go, or many messages arrive late.
    After, I did use the good SMTP server with the good port, all was right.

I don't know if the problem is the same! :huh:

5. Wells

Hi everyone , thanks for all your suggestions..
    It seems my IP , or the range its in is being blocked by SORBS.
    This is the last line of the mail debug.

.co.uk[212.227.15.169]:25, delay=0.85, delays=0.08/0.02/0.75/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host mx00.1and1.co.uk[212.227.15.169] refused to talk to me: 554 RBL rejection: Dynamic IP Addresses See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?86.147.XXX.XXX)

My ip is 86.147.xxx.xxx and for some reason the whole range 86.147 .... is flagged up on SORBS as "currently active".
    Ok so I understand someone has been abusing the system but how is it I can still send and receive emails on all my accounts from my XP machine(Thunderbird Client) through the same account?

I have tried DynDNS but unfortunately this made no difference ....
    I have tried different email addresses but the results are all the same,obviously because it is the IP causing the problem.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcomed..
    Thanks Richard

6. danardf

I haven't idea how do it. :blush:

Maybe Ramoncio ?