Help with new Elastix box from an old trixbox guy

tjthorson

I have about 30 trixboxes running and like most, am a little frustrated with where that project has gone. I have brought up PIAF and Elastix to test - and am working on going with Elastix, specifically because the FAX ability is great.

I am missing something. I have searched and searched - because I am embarassed to ask the question. How the heck to do the users log in themselves - specifically for voicemails, pw change, and call forwarding like the trixbox user interface?

I see where I can create users in the elastix admin console - and then where a user can get their voicemail and change PW - but even there, nothing about call forwarding... and its going to be a PIA to have to create the users in 2 places.

Is there a way to just tell elastix that all users that have an extension can log in and check voicemails? And where do they change their call forwarding if they arent in front of a phone?

dicko

what does

https://<box>/recordings

do for you?

tjthorson

dicko said:
what does

https://<box>/recordings

do for you?
Gives me an apache page "Index of /recordings" with the folder "includes" in it....

dicko

tjthorson

So, I followed those instructions - but to no avail. /recordings did not change, and if i create a user in the extensions group, the only choices I have are for password, email address, etc.

If i cant easily give the users the ability to administrate those three things - voicemails, voicemail to email address, and call forwarding, it will be a deal breaker for me. - All the other offices have that with PIAF and Trixbox....

dicko

That directory is the "Asterisk Record Interface" which is the same in FreePBX as any FreePBX based distribution, there have in the past been some packaging errors in some older Elastix distributions, that post was a fix , guess it didn't work for you.

However Some suggestions, did any part of that process give an error? What version of Elastix are you using, can you compare the directory with a working (any FreePBX distro)?

tjthorson

dicko said:
That directory is the "Asterisk Record Interface" which is the same in FreePBX as any FreePBX based distribution, there have in the past been some packaging errors in some older Elastix distributions, that post was a fix , guess it didn't work for you.

However Some suggestions, did any part of that process give an error? What version of Elastix are you using, can you compare the directory with a working (any FreePBX distro)?
Install seemed to go fine - no errors I can remember to speak of....

I used this ISO - Elastix-1.6.0-i386-bin-29Oct2009.iso

Machine seems to be fine, I have been setting up extensions, endpoints, and FAX.

Oh, I see, looking at my PIAF box, the /var/www/html/recordings folder is full of stuff - my elasitx box only has the one folder. Is there are way to reinstall that part, or would I be OK copying it from the other box?

dicko

It's pretty well the same code so copying might well work, as would downloading it all from FreePBX, I have certainly done both in the past. make sure ownership and mode are correct afterwards. (amportal restart should do that for you)

I don't seem to remember having this problem with 1.6 but then again I suffer from CRS.

tjthorson

Thanks for the help - copied over from my PIAF box, works like a champ - thanks again!

tjthorson

Just as an update to this - I have brought up 4 more Elastix boxes and all exhibited this same problem. I even redownloaded the ISO of 1.6 just to be sure. I know just make copying over the "recordings" directory part of my install process.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr