Help with FAXing

Discussion in 'General' started by paulsoddy, Sep 10, 2008.

1. paulsoddy

Hello,

I'm newbie to Linux/PBX and need someone to help me with setting up the fax with Elastix.

I have Elastix installed but FAX is not working. I did everything as per the instructions and tried to follow this forum for help to fix but had no success.
    Basic PBX function works voice works no issue but when I try to send fax from/to it doesn't.
    Can someone please guide me to the right direction.:(

Here's my setup.
    NET -> Router -> Elastix Box (Static IP 192.168.143.xxx)
    -> IAX Extension is ready and listening
    -> Virtual FAX is created using IAX Account. Not showing any error.
    -> SIP Extension connetcted to Linksys PAP2 ATA BOX -> LEXMARK X7350 (Fax Machine) (DHCP IP-same subnet of Elastix Box)
    -> Linksys SPA942 IP Phone (DHCP IP-same subnet of Elastix Box)

1) How can I verify if all the componants are installed or not?
    2) Do I need to setup IAX trunks? (I have IAX extension set as per the documentation)
    3) When I do "core show application NVFaxdetect" answer comes back "Application is not registered" While on FAX Web insterface it shows waiting and listening on tty1. Do I need to install NVFax or not?

Many-Many thanks in advance.

2. voipnewb

We have out Faxes setup through IAX, we use ADvantfax for our actual faxing, so you might want to take a look at that. Right now I am only able to get inbound faxing to work, i still cannot get outbound faxing. So I will keep a close eye on this thread. I can try and help you with inbound if you like.

3. paulsoddy

voipnewb: thanks for the support. I finally managed to run Incoming FAX, but outgoing is still a challenge. (Work in progress).

1) Elastix without Tears
    2) Another post within this forum.

Helped me to setup incoming faxes properly. I have NVFax working perfectly fine. (Fingers cross).

Thanks to all.