help setting up email and gateway server elastix

relianz

please cn anyone help setup the elastix server as a gateway and proxy and mail server all in one . i need examples as i am not very clued up . but i have been messing around with elastix for 10 months already daily. please have patience.. i want to use the server to the fullest

Amphibian

What exactly are you wanting to do with it after our done.

I would highly recommend you first read "Elastix Without Tears" located under the "Community" tab above

then ask yourself the following questions:

1: Mail Server ---- Are you wanting a full blown pop3 mail server, or, just a SMPT server for sending out the nitrifications of voice mail?

2: Proxy --- What do you need the proxy for?

3: Elastix is a gateway perse'.

4: can you teach me nuclear fusion by typing something on here I can read in short paragraphs as I have been messing around with the stuff for a few months without reading anything first, and lost one eye? But that's alright as the other one was missing at birth. Who needs to read first, we men just want to jump right in, correct?

Read the above material I mentioned, the if you still have questions or probs then come back and we'll try to help. I think you will find everything you need to begin with in that article/manual and you might save some hair left over afterwards in the long run.

Amphibian

rafael

Re: Re:help setting up email and gateway server elastix

Go to information -> manuals in this website and you would find Elastix Without tears.

If you want to go deeper in your knowledge about smpt, you should google for postfix that is what Elastix use for mail. But remember that Elastix is an unified communication server, not a mail server. YOu may think on using another linux distro for this.

regards,

rafael

doncipo

How to disable mailbox quota on mail account setup ? Thanks in advance.

rafael

Re: Re:help setting up email and gateway server elastix

I don't think you can from the web interface. However, you can put a huge quota. Other option, you should learn how to do it with posftix, for this, you should investigate about posftix.

regards,

rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen