Help on DID setup

Discussion in 'General' started by cballmer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. cballmer

I am new to Elastix and am having trouble figuring out setting up DIDs. I have Elastix 1.5x with a dual port T1 card installed (but only 1 PRI coming in) with 8 channels active. All 8 channels are set up in a hunt group for the primary number. In addition, I have a total of 50 DIDs that have been assigned to me and a total of 75 extensions. I've setup all 75 extensions with an empty DID/CID, but would like to have at least 10 of them have their own DID assigned. I can add a DID and/or CID directly on the page for each extension, so that part seems clear. What I'm wanting to know is if want to pre-setup the remaining 40 DIDs, do I just enter them directly into the inbound routes page? Or is there a more straightforward way to accomplish this?

2. rejil.rajan

As mentioned it is straight forward. Put the DID number and select the destination you wish

3. davidh

check under extension setup, you can set it up there under DID, just add it there, you can also do it in inbound routes works exactely the same, but first is easier to keep track of did and links to extensions

good luck

4. jgutierrez

What I would do with the rest of DIDs, is to create an inbound route, with no DID and with no CID (leave them in blank), and send them into a queue or ringgroup. That way I will be using those DIDs and when the time comes, and one of my users will need to have a DID, I will assign it without any trouble

5. JIMYSPEED

I have 50 DDIs

MY DDI is 211234100 to 211234150

and my question is does the DDI number must match the same extension like for example DDI 211234100 to extension 100 and 211234101 to extension 101? and so on ?

Thanks in advance.

6. jgutierrez

That is correct, unless you do a small context to read the DID and send the call inot the last three dgits and match an extension.
    If you paste the CLI output (asterisk -r) when a call arrives, we will be able to provide such context.