Help...off-site transfer

mismatrix

Hi,

I'm working on a big project and one of the requirements this time is being able to transfer a call to someone that is outside the office, i.e. a cell phone. I know this is normally a centrix feature by the phone company but this will be a SIP trunk and SIP provider doesn't supply any features. In some phone systems, it's call an "un-supervised conference." Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

Chilling_Silence

Asterisk is more than capable of doing this. Usually you can press the "transfer" button on your IP Phone, or ## then dial the number to transfer it to if you're using an ATA / Softphone. It'll automatically follow the outbound route rules.

Otherwise install FOP2 from fop2.com and see if that assists you with your transferring.

The fact you're being tripped up over possibly *the* most standard feature of asterisk and you're doing a big deployment sets off alarm bells. Time to hit Google and do some research IMO buddy, and read elastix without tears too...

mismatrix

Thanks for the info, I actually got it working pretty well over the weekend. I actually needed to modify my config on my Adtran IAD to accept *N and route it to my Elastix trunk group. I'll check out fop2.com...thanks for the tip.

mismatrix

Don't know if anyone is following this still...it's working, but users are complaining about the dialing time being too short. I.e. you are on a call, press *2, get dial tone, and if you don't dial another extension or phone number within about 2 or 3 seconds, it re-connects you to the orgional call. Is there a timer somewhere that we can change for this?

johnme

Hi
============================================================
in etc/asterisk/features_general_custom.conf I have:

pickupexten => *0
featuredigittimeout = 1500 ; Max time (ms) between digits ;for
;feature activation (default is 500 ms)
atxfernoanswertimeout = 15 ; Timeout for answer on attended ;transfer default is 15 seconds.
transferdigittimeout = 3 ; Number of seconds to wait between ;digits when transferring a call
============================================================

so atxfernoanswertimeout = ?? is the setting you need.

Good Luck
John

mismatrix

Thanks johnme!

That helped a lot. It turned out to be "transferdigittimeout => 6" did the fix.

Thanks again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr