Help needed - 3-way call

Discussion in 'General' started by wence, Sep 7, 2010.

1. wence

I'been rounding here for HOURS and all over google and I still can't find a way to make a simple 3-way call using softphone just like I do everithing else in asterisk... by a feature code.

Any one there that knows how to make a 3-way call without using a conference room? I think it should be simplier than that.

Any help will be very very very appreciated.

2. gl1176

This really depends on the soft phone you use. Most free soft phones don't allow local 3 way conference with out a paying for it. Otherwise, asterisk can only do conferencing using the meetme app, and to use that easily, you must use the conference bridge configured in the GUI. You can always pay for the full version of the soft phone thus making a 3 way call much easier.

3. andyshawn

I have two questions for you.
    Whats the name of the softphone that you using?
    What value is "calllimit" set to on the asterisk server?

As Karma said, the softphone can be the limiting factor now, but a calllimit=1 can also cause this to happen.

4. gl1176

Using the GUI the calllimit is set to 50 for each extension. I don't use soft phones for production, only hardware phones, but I have used xlite, zoiper, and ekiga to name a few.

5. wence

I'm using 3CX and Zoiper (both windows, no conf button)
    Call limit is 50.

I can make conferences, no problem with that... But with my non-tech home telephone company DOES 3-WAY CALL. Why can't Asterisk???

Thanks guys for reading this. Hope any one can help.

6. andyshawn

Based on your reply, it seems like the problem is with your softphone. Try using xlite. I never used those softphone before. I only use xlite and it has multi-lines by default as well as a conference button.

7. andyshawn

I can provide you with a copy(download link) if you are having problems acquiring the xlite softphone.
    Let me know if you need it?